Another big classic :
Steve Miller Band, Fly like an Eagle.

I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
'Til I'm free
Well, im going back home in a few days and getting ready for the fall ride. Very few adjustments on the bike and camping gear, and im gone again

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
These roads in ohio are as narrow as a driveway. Im deep in farm country and with these rolling hills, i worry about tractors. Pretty tired today for some reason. Dont know why, but im going slow and careful.
Im baffled! You drive your car in, pay and someone loads the booze into your trunk! Never seen this before!5A0DA196-E53E-4B8E-BD64-682999B2CD6D.jpeg954E064A-EBDF-4301-B0BC-94504E17A061.jpegD8DC12EA-A8A5-4C05-9CF3-B91B6AE3C3EA.jpeg

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
We have a few similar roads in this area. They are called "lawyer roads" or "politician roads" because, as it has been told to me, they were built to provide access to rural areas, for lawyers and politicians who traveled circuits in the early 20th century. Wide enough for one vehicle, with shoulders wide enough and solid enough to support two wheels when vehicles needed to move aside and squeeze past one another.

Dunno if it's true but that's the story.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
We have a few similar roads in this area. They are called "lawyer roads" or "politician roads" because, as it has been told to me, they were built to provide access to rural areas, for lawyers and politicians who traveled circuits in the early 20th century. Wide enough for one vehicle, with shoulders wide enough and solid enough to support two wheels when vehicles needed to move aside and squeeze past one another.

Dunno if it's true but that's the story.
Well, they are a ball! Just got off one thathadso many tar snakes, i was ready to walk! Other than that one, i thank whoever invented them. Cant decide if i like the smell of cow crap more than fresh cut hay!C7EF637E-29BF-4865-86C7-0CD0CBA8B4F6.jpegD97F9555-50A6-4B32-83B4-9765EBEA47CA.jpeg

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
The manure air will make you appreciate the Boston air more for a few hours any way when you get home. Then you will miss this wholesome country fragrance. Those tar snakes on a hot day are hideous. Ride safe and don’t let your guard down as you get closer to home.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
The manure air will make you appreciate the Boston air more for a few hours any way when you get home. Then you will miss this wholesome country fragrance. Those tar snakes on a hot day are hideous. Ride safe and don’t let your guard down as you get closer to home.
U bet!thanks! Yea, tar snakes are like ice! My ride was a squirmin’!
Should b in buffalo ny tomorrow. Ive beennon the interstates so little on this trip, much to my joy, but im gonna hit 90 for a little bit tomorrow.

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
Oy I-90 through there is so boring east of Buffalo. You going through the Finger Lakes area? The Cumberland region in MD is breath taking but I bet you’ve been there before.
Just don’t be in a rush to get home. I always regret rushing the last 2 days (but still rush it after all these years). Here’s to you being better!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Oy I-90 through there is so boring east of Buffalo. You going through the Finger Lakes area? The Cumberland region in MD is breath taking but I bet you’ve been there before.
Just don’t be in a rush to get home. I always regret rushing the last 2 days (but still rush it after all these years). Here’s to you being better!
The miles left are weird. (672). I average around 300 per day. So, when i get to buffalo, i might get off the interstate and state road my way home. I have enough$$ and time. Kinda hate the thought of getting back to work, even tho its for the fall trip.

scootac

Will Ride for Food
I always have mixed feelings at the end of a long trip.
Sad that it's coming to an end.....reflection on what has been seen and done....but grateful for a safe journey and anxious to see those waiting at home.
And as you know......the next trip is waiting.
Finish strong!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
I always have mixed feelings at the end of a long trip.
Sad that it's coming to an end.....reflection on what has been seen and done....but grateful for a safe journey and anxious to see those waiting at home.
And as you know......the next trip is waiting.
Finish strong!
Already planning the fall trip! Six weeks seems to b the time i like. I can get around quite a bit with that amount of time.
Gonna make a few small changes on the bike and gear and b ready to go.

Top Bottom