New Scenic Photo Contest

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I've been wanting to check out the Hawks Nest on NY Route 97.
I wonder how many of us have the same picture?

I've been wanting to check out the Hawks Nest on NY Route 97. My ride down to NeSTOC came me the chance to do so.

Hawks Nest.jpg

100_1058.JPG

Moto-Charlie

Vendor
I'm heading over within the hour. Are you still in the area?
No - sorry I'm not. Hope you have a good ride to Maine

Given its popularity in print and Internet I would guess quite a few. The other thing that struck me besides the natural beauty of the area was the number of critters running across the road as we followed the river north to Cochecton approx 38 miles from the Nest. We were dodging deer, squirrels, marmots (or something similar) chipmunks, twice birds nearly divebombed into my bike. It was quite a concentration of wildlife to see on the road and I live in NH.

Some pics from this year's run through Beartooth Pass.

1625413400920.png

1625413431759.png

1625413457627.png

If you're going through the area to ride Beartooth Pass, make an effort to ride the Chief Joseph Scenic Highway as well. The road is beautiful, twisty and wonderful in its own way.

Chris
Wow! Are all of these Beartooth Pass? Thats in Wyoming/Montana, right? Also was that recent? Seems the forest fires would make it all hazy now. :(

Bike
2011 Honda ST1300
You know when you see a place name of a map, think that that might be interesting, say one day I'll go there and you do ...

1627026345031.png

But then, anticipation turns to disapointment when you find that this is the newest building in New Buildings.

1627026559701.png

However the view from above the valley was worth the effort.

1627026672154.png

It must be pretty isolated, even the driver of the Google Streetview car turned around before he / she got there.

It has a Wiki page, but not much info - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Buildings,_New_South_Wales

Yes, those were from Beartooth Pass, as I came back from the NATSTOC rally.

Chris
I may have a chance to drive it, in a car, from Mammoth and eastward in a couple of weeks. I am new to biking and new to all things that are likely common to you or bikers and discovering so many things, one of which are these cool roads like Tale of the Dragon and now this Beartooth Pass. So I will be driving home from Whitefish MT and saw that I can make a route that can include Beartooth pass costing me a few hours but should be worth it in the long run as I really love adventures like this, even if its in a car :)

Top Bottom