Shipping out of boston!

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
I am guessing he's either home today or last night. He is setting up his Paypal account to collect the $10 bet he won to start next spring's ride budget!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Near columbus ohio. Will b in upstate ny tomorrow.
When u get to the wvirg stok, you have to tell my boston jokes! Dont let me down!
I am guessing he's either home today or last night. He is setting up his Paypal account to collect the $10 bet he won to start next spring's ride budget!
ha! Not true at all!
I hit the wall! Yesterday, i learned how easy it could be to fall asleep on a bike. My eyes were closing and i drifted into the passing lane.
i pulled off and called my kids who recommended a motel, which i did.
i fell asleep at 1:00 till 5:00, and again from 6:00-11:00 and midnight until 4:00 and again till 7:00 am. Apparently, i was a bit tired.
so, im doing theslow mosey to syracuse ny, looking at the foilage, and will get to boston tomorrow.
i still have some wear bar on the rear and plenty of tire preassure. Beginning to romance a bowl of ramen noodles in my fave boston restaraunt. Ill be getting home a few days earlier than planned and planna few naps and preparing forwork.
i already have a paypal acct if you want to donate for the spring trip!BFE1B014-B3D1-408D-A137-BF983832E2C5.jpeg

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Riding till you fall asleep on a thin rear tire......... :nuts: :well1::mw1:

Something I try to avoid myself.....

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Those micro naps while riding can prove to be fatal.
When you can't stay awake or alert, it's time to rest.
Resting is best done OFF the bike, as you showed us. Good man.
Plus, im a geezer! I dont usually call my kids about bike things, because it spooks them, bit because they travel, i made the call. Im happy i did

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
Wishing you a safe wide awake ride home and take your time. What are you listening to while riding? Perry Como music? Get some real heavy rocking to keep you awake man!
We will talk about that Bruin comment some other time. Go LEAFS GO. Not to mention the Jays going to scoop up that last wild card spot off the Red Socks.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Wishing you a safe wide awake ride home and take your time. What are you listening to while riding? Perry Como music? Get some real heavy rocking to keep you awake man!
We will talk about that Bruin comment some other time. Go LEAFS GO. Not to mention the Jays going to scoop up that last wild card spot off the Red Socks.
Petty, the cure, the animals, matthews, john lee, lightnin hopkins, jethro tull the whole mess. Oh, i forgot my country downloads!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Yea, got home a few days ago. Safe! Got sick as soon as i arrived. Slept a ton.
but, the last day-was begun with me looking at the sunrise for a long time. I knew this was the last day and i was a bit depressed to see this tour coming to an end.the sunsets are different from the fourteenth floor downtown boston. It was a cold morning and my excuse was the frost on my windshield.
i finally got myself going and met a guy on a beemer that was heading to concord ma, which is about 20 mi west of boston. So, off we went! We rode the green mountains and the trees were gorgeous! It was curvy and beautiful.
i dropped him off and into boston i went. Back to the traffic and honking horns. I felt like i was riding thru the french quarter again.
As soon as i unloaded, in a illegal parking spot, i headed over to my fave place for ramen noodles! Ive yet to find noodles anywhere as good as these!
So, back to work saturday. Heading ro Maine for a job that will cover at least half of my spring trip. On all three of my tours, ive been on the road for 7-8 weeks. Id like to b gone longer next time. More time on the bike and more time with the kids.
i learned a lot this tour. Seems a ton of things broke this time. Tire pumps, phone, tire plug, camp chair etc all let me down! So, i have the winter to make improvements, which I love doing. I cant believe i bought the red last year w just 13,300 on the odometer and now its over 46,000!
my thanks to all that supported and educated me as i rolled along. Special thanks to ark stoc! A very good bunch of men, even if they dont get a very good boston joke!
each tour has been completely different from the rest! I really didnt plan on where iended up, as usual, but every place and the people that lived there were wonderful. 751D5099-0A5D-4A35-BE2A-D87BF1BEA8D1.jpegF0CB76D1-3151-4228-8F09-72F0DCAAF7B1.jpeg3DF0B6E9-9D98-442B-8B39-221F47E910A8.jpegB395086B-345D-4AEB-A733-534B8244FAF7.jpeg

Top Bottom