Westward Ho's

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
My laptop took a dump on me, I'll have to finish up the report when I get home next week. Using the hotel's PC now.

We're in Ouray, Colorado now for a couple of days and then on to Breckenridge, CO before heading home. Santa Fe was great and I ate more southwest food than anyone should be allowed to.

More later............

Bike
2010 VFR1200FD
STOC #
Eric,

If you guys need a place to stop in Denver I have an extra room, you guys can fight over the bed, and plenty of floor space for everyone.... at least have a garage and some good food in the area. Just let me know.

Great report so far sorry to hear about the laptop crapping out on you :(

Keith

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Keith -

We're at the Holiday Inn in Frisco tonite. I need to find a new rear tire for the ride home - the front might make it, but one of those would be nice as well.

Any ideas where I can get a set? We are going to be at Fay Meyers at 9:00 AM and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 VFR1200FD
STOC #
Eric plenty of places in town should have a rear tire for you.... Fay Meyers,
also try http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com here is their phone #303-399-4100 ..... plenty of Honda dealers in town... RPM, Sun Honda, closest coming from Frisco is RPM Motorsports they are in Lakewood Colorado off of 6th ave.

Give me a call if you need a hand would be more then happy too help out.

Keith

Also if you like I am right off of 6th ave on your way down the mountain and we could call around to find a tire for you.

Hope this is not too late !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
After suffering the worst imaginable weather getting here, the weather was beyond perfect with abundant sunshine and temps in the low 80's.

Lake MacDonald was crisp and clean. We could see to depths of 20 feet or more in the crystal clean water. Water temp was about 40 degrees F. Froze your hand hust to put a finger in it. So no skinny dipping for the boys today...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Heading up into the hill, the road follows along the stream that feeds Lake McDonald. They had an awful lot of rain and rapid snow melt thing Spring, leading to some serious erosion in places. The power of the water is awesome...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
The next day, we decided to ride a loop heading west on Route 2 outta Kalispell. Then north on Route 37 at Libby, Montana before heading south on 93 through Whitefish and back into Kalispell.

Had to get the obligatory water shots along the Thompson Chain Lakes. Water was again very clear and cold. Had to fight the urge to kick Brad into the water when he wasn't looking. Would have been mean, but the pics would have been great...

Attachments

Top Bottom