Westward Ho's

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
The resulting lake behind the dam, Lake Koocanusa, was equally big. Very wide and stretching about 100 miles into Canada. We followed it's shores for about 60 miles to Rexford, Montana.

Great riding along this route. 80 mph sweepers all over the place...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
The following day is the last day of riding with Jason. He needs to get back to work in Chicago. We head south on Route 93 to Missoula where he hits I-90 for the lonely slab ride abck to Chicago. Had fun, brother - be safe going home!

Brad and I head down Route 93 into Idaho...

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
I couldn't believe that I have never heard of this road before! One of the best I've ever ridden. Fast sweepers, mountains, smooth pavement, no traffic, no cops and it follows river the whole way. Fantastic!

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Brad, having eagle like eyesight, spots some more suicidal deer lurking above the road waiting to pounce upon us and claim our bikes.

I'm no Izzak Walton or anything, but I ain't real sure that those are deer...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
We get into Salt Lake City late - about 650 miles of riding today and a lot of it was curvy. So it took a long time. We're tired and need to do laundry tonight as well. Didn't get that done until after 1:00 AM. Sorry we didn't get the chance to hang, NewsMag. But it was after 10:00 PM when we got there and I wasn't sure you'd welcome a call that late.

Brad is leaving and humping it home on I-70. 1,700 miles of fun. I don't envy him. Thanks for coming along this far, bro!

Brian (Night Stalker) and Joe meet us here - finally - and Brian gets his gift box from friend Lance back home. A manky flip flop found roadside on a trip 2 years ago. It's been mailed around, bungeed to bikes when the owner wasn't looking and has finally come to roost in Brain's possession. He'll get the chance to pass it along to some unsuspecting biker in future years...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
We're on Route 84 now and it's looking like we're gonna get really, really wet. Isn't this supposed to be a desert? There's no rain in deserts!!!

It does rain, but seems to evaporate before it hits the ground and I never really got wet. Made for some cool pics though...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
I roll into the downtown Hilton, exuding confidence and the aire of a world traveler. I expect to be treated like a King and am rewarded with a wine / cheese / fruit paltter in my room, under cover parking and comp'ed rooms for me and my men.

They know who they're dealing with, (okay, the wife is here and we're mooching of of her. She's the VP of Sales & Marketing of the Corporation that owns the place and they treat her better for some reason. We'd be shown the door and told not to come back if it weren't for her)...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Shameless plug for the hotel, but what a cool place. Located right in the middle of all of the touristy stuff, cool decor, poolside firepit, nice bar and the price is right. I like it here...

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom