Westward Ho's

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Out for dinner tongiht at Chef Mark Miller's Coyote Cafe ( http://www.coyotecafe.com ). I have a chicken enchilada and the requisite Negra Modelo while the wife has some chicken taco kinda thing. This is the reason I love Santa Fe - the food is beyond fantastic for those of us that like hot, spicy southwestern cooking. Ate like a king every night!

It's kinda hard to maintain my svelte, girlish figure in this atmosphere, but I'll try to manage it...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
As usual, my bar tab exceeded the price of dinner. It's a talent that I have. The Coyote had this wonderful mixture consisting of five cases of rum (60 bottles!) with pineapple and brown sugar. Then it steeps in this glass container for a period of time yielding a delicious concoction that'll knock your socks off....

Attachments

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Great stuff, Eric. Thank you!

Idaho and Libby are sort of in the eastern edge of my historic 'range'. I have fished Kokanusa a lot (I even fished the old Kootani where the lake is now). Some truly great places. Thanks again for the views!

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Joe had a few of the drinks and they must have worked. He spent the rest of the night busting the wild bronco's of downtown Santa Fe. I was more than just a little bit surprised that overnight accomodations in the local jail were avoided.

I gotta admit, the guy does have good form...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Had breakfast each day at Tia Sophia's. Not really a tourist destination, but they do have the best breakfast in Santa Fe. Take that from a fat man. Breakfast burritos with green, red or both chili's. Mmmmm - that's good eatin'.

Also reminds me of that old piece of sage advice my Grand dad taught me: "to avoid personal chaffing, dab - don't wipe". Truer words were never spoken. He was a wise old man...

Attachments

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Oh, man. Oh, Brother. Chili Verde and Chili Rojo at the same time? Oh, man.

My current very best burrito on the face of the earth is in Taos. But I have put Tia's on the 'need to see' list.

Yuma doesn't have the best anything. But does rank way up in all lists. Near the top in Pazole, shrimp taco, rolled taco. Burrito in the top 5.

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Then we headed up to Los Alamos for a ride. Stopped by the fire station for a bit (Brian's a firefighter back home) and happened upon this fire truck. I'm not really into fire trucks, but this would have to be a blast to drive! Four seats across the front and the center one is the driving seat....

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
The Los Alamos area had more than it's share of good roads to ride. It was quite warm this day, but still had a good time tearing around the place...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
I don't know the name of this area, but it was off of Route 4 near Jemez Pueblo. It's about 5 miles off of the raod on a unmarked side road. It was an old railroad line that had several small tunnels hacked out of the rock to allow trains to pass through.

The trains are long gone, but the path remains...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Time to hit the road again and head for Ouray, Colorado. Thsi will be our last night before heading home.

Still pretty cold and snowy at elevation as it's pretty early in the year. Most of the passes are open, but haven't been for too long...

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Route 550 over Red Mountain is still one of my favorite roads to ride. No matter how many times I ride it, it's still breath taking....

Attachments

OP
OP
Bike
BMW GS
Leaving Ouray the following day, we head back over 550 to Silverton and our favoriye breakfast place; The Cow Palace. Cheap, plentiful platters and fast as well. Everything a breakfast place should be. And they have purple metalflake cushions on their chairs and booths. Can't beat that!

Attachments

Top Bottom