Off to the high Tatra

Company bean counters sent a horse head with the message that I need to get shut of overtime hours by taking a vacation.
So I have a week all by my onesies to do whatever I think fit.
The Tatras have been on my list for a while, so I loaded up the „11“ with tent etc. And set off this.. I want to say morning“ Afternoon.
Onto the A98, past Munich, on to the A8 and in a traffic jam...

„Traffic Jam, Traffic Jam, Traffic all the way.... Oh what fun it is to ride the A8 motorway! Hey!“
Past Salzburg and I am now a hundred km short of Vienna.
Found a hotel for 40€ a night, stripped off, underpants making a Velcro sound, crunchy socks and a t shirt that set off the smoke alarm, but now, showered, fed and beered, I am almost human again.
Another 500-odd clicks to the Tatras.

Attachments

OP
OP
Slammer
After having a night of sleepy time and some navel checking I am almost two hundred km short of my goal for yesterday making the Tatras still 700-odd km to go. However lake Balaton in Hungary is within a day of riding.
the Balaton it is. Especially as my dicky knee started to bitch.

OP
OP
Slammer
Have you ever cracked one out from between sweaty ass cheeks and it was not able to escape and for a few seconds you float on a cushion of air thinking you have crapped yourself?
getting to the point where I can not ride another kilometer. Six and a half hours for 360km and another 40 to go.

rwthomas1

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100 non-ABS
As much as I enjoy PopPop's travel documentaries, yours take the trophy. Hilarious. And it doesn't hurt that your pic makes you look like a retired roadie from a death metal band. And I mean that as a compliment as I now have coffee I spat out from laughing all over my shirt and keyboard.

OP
OP
Slammer
Feeling halfway human again. Almost.
There was a little supernatural incident though. Seems I got myself a gipsy curse.
I made the mistake of stopping at a Rest with some stalls selling all sorts of tourist tat.
Almost the instant the pistons stopped pistoning I was surrounded by five persons trying to sell me stuff, best one was four rattan chairs and a table. I’m like: „Dude, I’m on a motorbike!“ It did not seem to register, so I fired up the ST and rode another ten , fifteen meters. One of the women gave me the evil eye with mysterious Fingerspiel and magic intonations.
Little did she know, Slammer had been there, done that.
I made as if Dredging something slimy out of my eye and rolled into a ball like one would do with nose pick. Then I blew it at her while giving my best BWHAAAAa! Laugh.
Did not expect them to skedaddle like they did.
Anyway being fed at the campsite restaurant now and two beers in.

At the lovely Balaton

Attachments

Bike
VStrom 650
Feeling halfway human again. Almost.
There was a little supernatural incident though. Seems I got myself a gipsy curse.
I made the mistake of stopping at a Rest with some stalls selling all sorts of tourist tat.
Almost the instant the pistons stopped pistoning I was surrounded by five persons trying to sell me stuff, best one was four rattan chairs and a table. I’m like: „Dude, I’m on a motorbike!“ It did not seem to register, so I fired up the ST and rode another ten , fifteen meters. One of the women gave me the evil eye with mysterious Fingerspiel and magic intonations.
Little did she know, Slammer had been there, done that.
I made as if Dredging something slimy out of my eye and rolled into a ball like one would do with nose pick. Then I blew it at her while giving my best BWHAAAAa! Laugh.
Did not expect them to skedaddle like they did.
Anyway being fed at the campsite restaurant now and two beers in.

At the lovely Balaton
Looks blummin lovely, in a flat lake sort of way. But thinking about it.......I think they're all flat'ish.
Keep your curses to yourself.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Slammer
Looks blummin lovely, in a flat lake sort of way. But thinking about it.......I think they're all flat'ish.
Keep your curses to yourself.
Upt'North.
It’s only three meters regular and 15 at the deepest point. Don’t know how deep the mud is though.

OP
OP
Slammer
Actu
If they're anything like our Canadian mosquitoes, they have landing gear...and little tiny sirens on their wings that scream when they dive in for the kill!
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
I hear that you take out Canadian mossies with a shotgun.
Actually, I hear the whine of a mosquito as a little high pitched WEEEEEEE of joy, and now you do too.
I am one of these strange persons who takes a UV torch to a hotel room just to look at the places the cleaning person missed.
You don’t want to do this if you have a weak stomach.
Just now I went for a walk and Switched it on, not only does it have a UV lamp it has a high powered LED beam, one that must be to bugs like the shout of free beer is to me.
I switche it off very quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom