Off to the high Tatra

OP
OP
Slammer
Just had a little rideout today. I woke up this morning aching in places I have not ached before, adding „Aaarfgh, and „OoooOoO!“ to my playlist of old geezer noises. So even mounting up was like a 90 year old getting into a wheelchair.
But I managed, rode to Balatonfüred to sit on the promenade and watch the girls waft on by, their light summer dresses rippling in the breeze of a hundred wistfull sighs.
But all too soon it got to hot to think straight and I rode back to the camp for a swim.
I did however have to stop and take a look at a sign for Tank driving.

Attachments

OP
OP
Slammer
Lovely photos, does the beer taste as good as it looks..:thumb:
Oh heck yes. Winding the evening down now, somehow I am totally knackered. Maybe I let my guard down because I just made the mistake of asking for a glass of local red wine and a local schnapps.
the Red is Good and drinkable.. The schnapps will take the chrome off the tailpipe, and it looks so innocent.

Attachments

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
So, do you get hungry in Hungary? I know British Mosquitos have landing gear.

Inquiring minds... safe trip and keep your crunchy bits crunchy...

OP
OP
Slammer
So, do you get hungry in Hungary? I know British Mosquitos have landing gear.

Inquiring minds... safe trip and keep your crunchy bits crunchy...
After a days riding it’s like walking on cornflakes.
I think a thread on how to keep ones biker rags clean would be a good thing.
I mean unzipping my jacket in this heat is like opening the gates of foulest Acheron and the pants reek like a pair armored trousers after the 30 year war.
That is AtGATT for you, because nobody has stunk to death but skingrafts are expensive.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Jeez, what a long boring ride over a flat, boring, hot and boring landscape. I already know that I do not have to do this again.
Half an hour ago I passed a sign saying 76km, now I just passed one saying 74 km, time seems to be stretching.
Have you ridden across Eastern Colorado and Kansas, Or north west Texas, Maybe even the deserts of Utah and Nevada. Now there is Long Boring, Flat, and Hot. Enjoying your ride, wish I was along.

OP
OP
Slammer
Stopped at the Border between Hungary and Slovenia to get a vignette.
Girl asks me for Auto Dokumenta. Ok! Never been asked before so off I trot to where the bikes papers have been languishing since I registered it to my name. Only they are now not there.... Gone, probably still at the Garage where we had a repair.
We had discussions, the girl and I, in the end she decided it wasn’t worth it and gave me my vignette.
20km to Maribor and the landscape is getting hilly with the promise of mountains on the horizon, a change from the flat, hot anf dusty Hungarian fryingpan.

OP
OP
Slammer
I now have to decide to either ride north to Graz and into Austria, or carry on in Slovenia and go for the Vrsic pass.

Top Bottom