I’m splitting this clam bake. See ya soon Boston!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Th
You were really close to where Forrest Gump was running and stopped and said something like
"I'm tired now - I'm going home".
There's a pull-off right where that was filmed.
That's also where a lot of the old westerns were filmed.
thats the exact road where gump stopped running. They actually lowered the speed
Limit to 45 instead of 65 because of all the pic takers.
I was stuck there for half an hour today. This asian filmographer (?) took a million pics of my red with gump and the rocks in the back ground. He was pretty pumped. I had nothing better to do. Met a eastie from boston there too! The world is small!

Sheriff41

Chuck
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #
Great pictures on this trip, Pop-Pop! Too many Americans have seen too little of our great country. You should share pictures and stories from your road trips with your fellow Bostonians; you may inspire some to venture west and experience the USA!

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Great pictures on this trip, Pop-Pop! Too many Americans have seen too little of our great country. You should share pictures and stories from your road trips with your fellow Bostonians; you may inspire some to venture west and experience the USA!
America might have some shortcomings, as many countries do, but beauty ain’t one of them! It has been nice to just roll along, looking at things and talking to folks. Presently, im looking at the map, trying to find the most desolate route to my kids house. Then utah, and a slow mosey home.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Nice to see images of monument valley without wagon trains and cavalry.

I love the pictures of the canyons and isolated multi-coloured hills. The Geology just leaps out at you. Millions of years of rock formations, and millions more of them being Eroded away to almost nothing. I can sit and wonder for ages at the immense time scale and enormity of it all.

Oh - the bike and roads look pretty good too.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
have a safe ride home. winter is just around the corner.
Yea, it has been a weird tour. A lot of time w the kids, supporting them. It has been nice, but not my usual way of doing things. I’m giving serious thought to moving here. It has been pretty nice. Id b surprised if i get 8000 mi this tour.
But, I’ve seen some very nice places, met some great people and had some forever memories.
I’m planning at least a week in utah, working my butler map as much as possible, and then a slow mosey back to boston.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
just head for lower elevation, plenty of riding season still remaining if you do.

Sharpes, Florida , formally, Nevada City, CA
Bike
GL1800, ST1300
STOC #
Yea, it has been a weird tour. A lot of time w the kids, supporting them. It has been nice, but not my usual way of doing things. I’m giving serious thought to moving here. It has been pretty nice. I'd be surprised if I get 8000 mi on this tour.
But, I’ve seen some very nice places, met some great people, and had some forever memories.
I’m planning at least a week in Utah, working my butler map as much as possible, and then a slow mosey back to Boston.
Moving West to be near the grandkids is probably a good idea, not to mention all the great riding. Then you can tour back East! Me? I moved East to be near the grandkids and to get the H out of CA.

OP
OP
Pop-Pop

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Moving West to be near the grandkids is probably a good idea, not to mention all the great riding. Then you can tour back East! Me? I moved East to be near the grandkids and to get the H out of CA.
It would b very selfish if i were to mention the skiing and biking! But, seeing more of all the fam would be great. I even had a brief sit down w the ex, who really isnt thrilled! Ha!!

Top Bottom