Favorite roads?

Bike
1998 ST 1100
I have been riding over highway 108 in the California Sierra Nevada Mountains from Sonora to highway 395 for almost 50 years, almost every year. I'm amazed about how it feels new every time I ride it and how different it feels when coming back in the other direction. It is truly an amazing ride. I'm wondering what other roads have inspired similar feelings in others, in case I'm ever to achieve my dream of riding the most awesome roads in America.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Not technically challenging, but more of a great scenic ride - Highway 160 through Monument Valley.

Any serious rider's itinerary should also include the Cherahola Highway and the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap. Just to say you've done it! :thumb:

Monument Valley, Utah.jpg

Bike
2014 ST1300
Highway 40 in Alberta, down through Kananaskis Country to Longview - beautiful curvy road through the Rockies with stunning scenery and occasional grizzlies

Highway 95 from Golden down to Radium Hotsprings in BC - long flowing sweepers alongside the Columbia River

Icefields Parkway from Lake Louise to Jasper Alberta - I think one of the most scenic roads I have ever driven through the mountains and the road is a blast to ride

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
There are many roads here in Colorado West of I-25 that are favorites of mine. However my all time Favorite is one that I rode back in the summer of 2019. https://www.deutsche-alpenstrasse.de/en/home I have driven parts of this route many times but in 2019 I rode the complete route via Motorcycle.
I do long for the time I will be able to ride it again before I get too old. Another favorite on my list, is the Grossglockner in Austria. https://www.salzburg.info/en/sights/excursions/grossglockner-high-alpine-road.

Attachments

Bike
98 Honda ST1100
I have been riding over highway 108 in the California Sierra Nevada Mountains from Sonora to highway 395 for almost 50 years, almost every year. I'm amazed about how it feels new every time I ride it and how different it feels when coming back in the other direction. It is truly an amazing ride. I'm wondering what other roads have inspired similar feelings in others, in case I'm ever to achieve my dream of riding the most awesome roads in America.
This brings back memories. In the 90's I used to travel every year from SoCal up to San Jose on my V65 Sabre. Then on to Reno, picking out a different route each year to the 395. None of the roads crossing over ever disappointed. Wouldn't be surprised if the 108 was one of those I took back in the day.

Not technically challenging, but more of a great scenic ride - Highway 160 through Monument Valley.

Any serious rider's itinerary should also include the Cherahola Highway and the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap. Just to say you've done it! :thumb:

Looks like the road Forrest Gump ran.

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #

Good old monument valley! Seems like every tour i end up there!

Top Bottom