Space X

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Nice pics and nice ST! Was that a visitors center where the building is and the mock up of the rocket (I know they wouldn’t launch so close to a building!)?

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Nice pics and nice ST! Was that a visitors center where the building is and the mock up of the rocket (I know they wouldn’t launch so close to a building!)?
I’m not sure, the first picture has all of it in frame. The black buildings are storage for rockets and the the tower on the right had dozens of 18 wheelers out front filled with O2 I think. I drove past them so not to have them in my shot. There is another tower way way far away…

Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
I was going to reach out to you about some night DRLs. These are Hella spots. Awesome during the day to be seen, but a bit bright at night in traffic. I’m looking for that sharp cutoff at 30 feet or so
Your light looked like the 3E that I am using, but yours is a driving light. So yours has limited use at night with traffic. You want the cutoff set at 300 feet. The 3e has a soft cutoff.

I just found a new light that I will be ordering soon. I am hoping to get it in the white version. This one would be good for DRL/HIGH and aux low beam (Passing). I like the sharp step cutoff on the low !!!! Just hope that it is bright enough...

There are a few others that now have a better cutoff that I will also look at.
It will be nice when there are lots of choices for good passing lights (aka - aux low beams).
Very useful and non glaring lights that can legally be used in traffic!

Sorry if I get a bit off-topic, but are you there to see tomorrow's test flight ?

It's the fully-integrated Starship with Super Heavy rocket, due to start 8:28 Central.

OP
OP
Willsmotorcycle

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Sorry if I get a bit off-topic, but are you there to see tomorrow's test flight ?

It's the fully-integrated Starship with Super Heavy rocket, due to start 8:28 Central.
No Sir, I didn’t know it was there until the night before and I try not to miss a chance to see a space oddity.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Yep ... right about the four minute mark - BAM.
At least it took off and lasted the 4 mins :)
I enjoy the irony of a company that sells electric vehicles being owned by someone that also is working on selling liquid fuel powered rockets. :)

From Google: Are SpaceX rockets environmentally friendly?

For instance, SpaceX's Falcon 9 gets through 112 tonnes of refined kerosene, emitting about 336 tonnes of CO2 (the equivalent produced by your average car driving almost 70 times around the world). As well as greenhouse gases, rocket engines emit chlorine and particles of soot and aluminium oxide that destroy ozone.

Mr.E

Steve
Bike
Boss Hoss & ST1300
I just bought a return ticket off Elon Musk, his next adventure is to the Sun - but it's going to be too hot during the day so I asked if they can do the trip at night...

Top Bottom