25 Days of Riding…

Day 6- up and on the road by 6:30, heading east On 60, 160 no traffic, overcast cool orange sun must have been some pollution, cleared as we reached the Mississippi crossed at Paducah , Ky on to Bowling Green. KOA. Tonight. Checked out a military plane museum. Met some nice RV people who invited us in their 40ft toy hauler, good convo & wisdom. Heading for Whythville, Va tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3028.jpeg
    IMG_3028.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3031.jpeg
    IMG_3031.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 50
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 47
Day 7- Bowling Green to Whyteville, Va 231S to I40 to I81 slab and rain… and a whole lot of truck traffic I guess the supply chain is catching up big time in the east. Opted for a Marriott to keep from setting up in the rain tonight.. weenie’s :rofl1: running back roads to the rally tomorrow

Yea.. weather in Utah & Colorado wore us out plus we have been running rain almost every day.. I’ll update the route upon return!
I understand. I was just wondering so I might had been able to buy you a Coffee but I'm out of here in a couple days myself.

Maybe I'll see you on the return somewhere.

Day 8- headed to meet friend The Gregger in Pawsatan, Va for breakfast, cold start at 5am ; 7deg with wind chill, Gregger rode up on our six fm Greensborro had breakfast and headed out for the rally an hour away, wouldn’t you know a rain cell with heavy drops deluged us for about 15min on an excellent narrow black top the PR 4 GTs handled excellently! Running about 2400mi at this point, time to relax…
IMG_3046.jpegIMG_3044.jpegIMG_3043.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 9- hung around the rally site walking the exhibits for the 4th time, cleaned the bike, had Italian with friends, got rained on again for the 8th straight day (small short drizzle) made everyone run ha! Ran into Bullet fm ST owners, clear and 52deg tonight. Tomorrow a car show and Bass Pro Shop!
image000000.jpegimage_50446849.jpegIMG_3057.jpegIMG_3058.jpegIMG_3059.jpeg

Day -11 up 5am, people breaking camp and heading home great rally 5883 people, decided to head east found a nice Southern Baptist church for Sunday service then headed south down to Nags Head, traffic was terrible summer vacation has begun, we bailed on the Hatteras ferry and hooked it west to Rocky Mount, Nc clear day hit a Marriott for the nite needed to clean up after 4 days of tenting and portable showers & toilets. 355mi, 10hrs
IMG_3076.jpegIMG_3073.jpeg

Day 12- left the rally heading east to the outer banks little did we know the summer hoard had the same idea, all day carloads of families and beach goers passed us bye, finally half way down at Nags Head we gave up the idea of finding a campground, we hooked it eastward and landed at a Marriott to wind down 4 nites of camping from the rally.

Attachments

• IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Day 13- brought a destination of Smokey mountains , Bill reserved a spot at Cosby Lake and we headed west thru Asheville arriving around 4ish winding up the mountain from I-40 to the lake very green and jungly and no mosquitos! The sun went away about 5ish luckily we were set up and had dinner… vegetable beef especial! went to sleep and had a visitor around 3:30-4am heavy sniffing around my tent is what I heard! 3 times!!! Gun in the bike ha! I sat up in the middle of the tent praying , I didn’t go back to sleep and Bill was up at 4… we packed up and headed out in the dark, Bill led and left me behind I turned left he went straight… we didn’t see each other till Barbers Museum in Leeds, Al made the rounds thru and was amazed as always of the bikes. Next stop Dothan, Al to visit my sister. Arrived safe 5pm lots of rain again today… Barbers Museum Pictures are within this album below

Aug 20 Ark & Okie Stoc Back East Tour - Debi & Wayne Doyle (smugmug.com)

IMG_3084.jpegIMG_3085.jpegIMG_3079.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you log your trips and create the maps like on the first post?

Top Bottom