25 Days of Riding…

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Pretty basic, I downloaded a jpg of a USA map then upload to paint and enlarge to 100% and reference google maps back and forth drawing the thickest line with magenta color m, some of the smaller roads you have to guess the path ha! I keep a master and “save as” to create the next route and rename it.

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 16- left Dothan heading for Prattville, Al to meet up with Bill light rain with clearing for the days ride northward, headed for the Mississippi River crossing over in Greenville, Ms the nite brought led us to a park on the rivers edge thunderstorms rolled in and dumped on us in the tents around 7:30 then the wind came up “way cool” tent was shaking while outside on the River tugs and barges were revving the twin turbines to jockey into position to tie up for the nite, also the Viking River cruise ship pulled up in front of us. Wild nite!!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 17- up early tents weren’t to wet due to the high winds that rolled thru after the rain, the tugs turbines woke us up at 4:30 so we packed it up slowly and pulled out around 6 headed up 65 to Little Rock, Springfield, KC BBQ for the nite nothing to interesting did have good weather today! Didn’t do such a good job of route planning today.. not sure what tomorrows direction will be still have 5 days before NatSToc

Attachments

Bike
2010 ST1300
Day 17- up early tents weren’t to wet due to the high winds that rolled thru after the rain, the tugs turbines woke us up at 4:30 so we packed it up slowly and pulled out around 6 headed up 65 to Little Rock, Springfield, KC BBQ for the nite nothing to interesting did have good weather today! Didn’t do such a good job of route planning today.. not sure what tomorrows direction will be still have 5 days before NatSToc
I'm really enjoying your ride reports; I retire next year from the post office, and I'm planning a ride around the US . I plan on being on the road for about three months, keep the write ups coming, I'm still in the planning stage, and you're giving me new ideas. Thanks

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm really enjoying your ride reports; I retire next year from the post office, and I'm planning a ride around the US . I plan on being on the road for about three months, keep the write ups coming, I'm still in the planning stage, and you're giving me new ideas. Thanks
A couple of resources are the Iron Butt Association, their Hall of Wisdom, and Horizons Unlimited.
Both sites have oodles and oodles of tips for toodling on your trip.

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 18- rained all nite hoteling in Kansas City, checked out at 10am wearing rain gear top, headed north Hwy 29 to 71N destination Sioux City, Sd north side! Nice day opened up around an hour in cool temps partly cloudy bypassed Omaha riding in the farms of Iowa beautiful farm homes and lush agriculture fields unfortunately for us I made reservations in the wrong Sioux City (Falls) we were able to get a site at the Sioux City KOA after Mexican dinner!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 19- slept in to sunrise today good start to the day, cool riding heading up Hwy29 to Sioux Falls then on to 34N to the Native American reservation above the 90, temps rose to 99deg as we turned west to Kennebec, SD for the nite ride in at 4 checked in and headed for dinner! Best burger of the trip at the 605 Bar & Grill, Patriotism abounds! Winds avg 20mph NW today.. no rain tho! Ha!

Attachments

Last edited:

Bulitt

Flori-Duh-Man
Bike
1200GS, 18 Wing DCT
Was Bill ever able to set aside his concern over the difference in speed registered on his gps vs speedo?

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 20- nice ride today as we left Kennebec jumped on old Hwy 90 a two lane beside the new 4 lane had the road to ourselves, ended up at Wall, SD (Wall Drug) western town cool gifts had breakfast and headed for the Badlands used the lifetime pass yea! Ended up on a gravel 10 mi stretch which tightened my sphincter a little ha! Had an ice cream in Rapid City and headed for Spearfish for the rally starting tomorrow.

Attachments

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 21- at the rally today starting most bikers arriving wet from all directions, rain today except for a two hour window during lunch. Many deciding to leave in the am looking for dryer weather. In a way I like the rain but it does limit the ability to enjoy the area, hopefully it will clear tomorrow…
Internet slowed due to weather pictures later..

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 22/23/24- day 22 spent hanging around the pavilion watching early departures due to weather, meeting new arrivals, ate some good Mexican dinner, showered and bedded down.. tomorrow weather permitting a ride, bike wash and gas up readying to depart sat am southbound for home!

Attachments

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 24- decided to leave today due to continued rain in the forecast, headed south thru spearfish canyon had breakfast in New Castle and headed for Green River for the nite, terrible headwind all day no rain, arrived Super 8 6:30pm looking forward to leaving in the am for Cedar City. Riding along Flaming Gorge and Ut89 .

Attachments

OP
OP
hondawayne
Bike
2012 BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
Day 25- said goodbyes to my riding partner brother in Christ Bill from Twin Falls, I headed to the west side of Flaming Gorge great ride beautiful scenery cold in the am 43deg, my phone Mount came loose had to stop and tighten it, rode the scenic route back to Cedar City thru the Unitas light traffic.

Attachments

Top Bottom