Trip report....Dallas, TX to Richmond, VA and back!

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Well....a few more along the Trace...
A few examples of the (several hundred) informational/historical signs along the Trace...

Some shots from French Camp. French Camp has a great diner...and a nice B&B and is about half way down the trace. More images from French
Camp in next post.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
More photos of French Camp on the Trace.

A stop in Jackson, Mississippi for the evening...and a pretty good Mexican joint. Man...two weeks on the road and I looked pretty beat up!! :)

The clouds came and a light rain ended my ride on the Trace....

Welcome to Natchez, Mississippi...

Forest

Attachments

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Nice report. It looks like you did the same thing I did at the Gap. Waved at the photographer and lost your line through the curve. I almost went back and said " let's try that again", but I didn't.
Thanks Mac..

I guess I got close to that line, huh? I was pushing the beast around pretty good that day. There wasn't much traffic (no police) and I had time...I did the run both ways. :)

Forest

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I refuse to even think Deal's Gap on the weekend. I came through Knoxville on the way back from Stagecoach, but it was Sunday so I just kept on keepin' on. I have run it north and south early in the morning on week days and have had the road pretty much to myself. I have not seen an LEO on 129 in any of my excursions. I'm out of there by 10:00 AM and on my way to somewhere else by the time the sport bikers are getting up.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Great stuff and much admiration goes out to you. Really, really, sorry to hear about the damage to the bike, but at least you came through ok, short of scaring the hell out of you.

Take care and best wishes.

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Bike is back 100% with several thousand miles already on the od this year. I'm planning a lot of riding this year. Big Bend in April, I'm going to try to get to Moonshine in April as well....then on to Detroit to visit friends...then to the Hill Country of Texas in early May for the end of the wild flower bloom....
My brother is buying a bike and lives in Missouri, so I'll make a trip to make one of his early first real runs on his new bike...probably late May...
Then to Taos for WeSToc. I'll stay in New Mexico after the event as I perform and teach as a guest artist at a music festival in Santa Fe in July.
August will bring a trip to Colorado to visit in-laws in Glenwood Springs.

Lots of riding ahead!!!

Thanks for your comments.

Forest

Top Bottom