Back from this years big one! The Teaser!

Phartz

Pat Thompson
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Back from this years big one! The Teaser! Full Report Is Up!!

Just got back yesterday. 6066 miles. 19 Days. The overall trip map is attached. The different color segments are for each day. Started out up I-15 and I-84 to Idaho the first 885 mile day.

After that it was Idaho, Montana, Glacier NP, Alberta, Banff NP, Jasper NP, Kamloops, Cache Creek, Lillooet, Vancouver, North Cascades Higway, the Okanagen, Revelstoke, two ferrys and 31A back down to Montana, Lolo Pass, Ranier, St Helens, some amazing roads in Oregon, 199 from Grants Pass to the coast, 36 back east to Red Bluff and over to Chester, then a swing past Lake Tahoe as a storm was brewing and back down 395 skirting the edge of the storm, in the wind, as it enveloped the Sierras.

I'll be getting a full report with more pictures together over the next few days. But for now here's the map and a picture of just one of the nice roads I managed to get on. This is Hwy 40, the Kananaskis, in Alberta. Awesome road.

edit: The full report is as finished as it's gonna get and is posted HERE!

:06biker: :06biker: :06biker:

Attachments

• Phartz_TripMap.jpg
    Phartz_TripMap.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Phartz_Kananaskis.jpg
    Phartz_Kananaskis.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Very nice run! Sounds like a blast! I was on Hwy 89 from Tahoe then to the 36 to Red Bluff and on over to the coast! Now that is a road to ride. Looking forward to more pictures of your ride. :D:D

:usflag1:

Very nice run! Sounds like a blast! I was on Hwy 89 from Tahoe then to the 36 to Red Bluff and on over to the coast! Now that is a road to ride. Looking forward to more pictures of your ride. :D:D

:usflag1:

I was on Hwy 36 on Tuesday 9/29. Seems like I saw a silver '07 going the opposite direction somewhere along the way, closer to Red Bluff than the coast. Was that you?

There was another 07', partnered up with a GS Beemer, in the Van Dusen Campground the night before too. They vanished after riding through and I never did get to talk to them. :shrug2:

I'm so jealous...............

Love that country up North

:biker:+:amflag:+:CanFlag1:+:ukflag1:

I was on Hwy 36 on Tuesday 9/29. Seems like I saw a silver '07 going the opposite direction somewhere along the way, closer to Red Bluff than the coast. Was that you?

There was another 07', partnered up with a GS Beemer, in the Van Dusen Campground the night before too. They vanished after riding through and I never did get to talk to them. :shrug2:

No that was not me on that date as I did the ride on 09/16/09 That is one nice and twisty road.

Mike

I modified the original thread starter but thought I'd post the link here too.

As is my custom, for six years running, the full report is up and is posted here on my website.

Hope ya'll enjoy! :D

Back
Top Bottom