BEAR TOOTH HIGHWAY (God's Highway)

Bike
03 ST1300
]I read a story a couple wrote (cant remember where I read it) who rode the Bear Tooth Highway North of Yellowstone. They claimed this was one of the most beautiful highways in the country, I was so impressed by the story that it became a primary destination on my ride to Sturgis this summer. I have seen alot of incredible scenery from the seat of my bikes, and although the Pacific Coastline is pretty amazing, and Yosemite is Gods own front yard, nothing could have prepared me for the majesty of the Bear Tooth Highway.
Rainbows, 2000' gorges, mountain lakes, snow fields (in august), alpine scenery and much much more. The countless hairpin turns offered a new spectacular view each and every time. When we reached the summit my buddy and I turned off our motors and coasted down hill 11 MILES before we re-started our motors.
If the Beartooth Highway is your only destination, then the entire trip no matter how far you have to ride is worth every mile.
Ride safe ya'll

"I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking about God than sitting in church
thinking about my bike"

Bike
06' st 1300
STOC #
BEAR TOOTH HIGHWAY is a wonderful ride I was there a few years ago in my cage coming home from North Dakota.
I to want to go and ride it and do it a couple of times to take it all in, to much to see in one trip.
Just Beautiful, Awesome, to bad it's not open all year !

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Hmmmm....

I think my trip to WeSTOC next year is growing. Moscow, Id., Glacier N.P., Beartooth Highway, Yellowstone, and back to LA. Only 3200 miles so far... :)

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Hmmmm....

I think my trip to WeSTOC next year is growing. Moscow, Id., Glacier N.P., Beartooth Highway, Yellowstone, and back to LA. Only 3200 miles so far... :)

Let me help you out... :D

After Glacier go to Babbs Montana to the "Two Sisters" to eat... BESTEST FOOD,,, I EVER ATE,,, ON THE ROAD!!!

http://www.twosistersofmontana.com/

Then take Rt 89 down through the North Entrance of Yellowstone...

I amazingly,,, am not a big fan of Yellowstone... To many cars,,, to much traffic... Take the Left in the Village and head out the Northeast entrance... Go down to Cody... Why??? DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!!! JUST DO IT!!!

Then,,, head BACK,,, up Chief Joseph Highway... Take a right and finish off Bear Tooth Pass... Stop at the Top of the World... Then continue on to Red Lodge...

From there??? I would turn around and go BACK UP,,, Beartooth,,, Down Chief Joesph,,, into Cody...

From Cody I would head for Jackson Hole and the Tetons... From there??? Every way is a good way... ;)

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I have a fairly decent video of the Beartooth taken with a GoPro mounted to my mirror. It was on my trip to the WSB in SLC at the end of May this year. If I can get it shrunk down, I will see if I can post it up. I was lucky enough to ride the BT twice this year. Certainly would recommend it if you can any where near it.
Rod

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I was there in 2007 but the view was reduced by the forest fires burning out of control in Montana at the time. Just gives me another reason to go back I guess.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
You also haven't lived if you didn't veer north out of western Yellowstone and make your way over to 93, then south into Idaho and west to the Sawtooths (Stanley), further west, back up 55 & 95 to 12. I have not ridden 12 back east into Missoula, but I've heard nothing but good about that too.
Glacier (Going To The Sun Hwy) is also pretty darned good. Well, what isn't good about the twisties and the mountains?

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I totally agree... I rode this north to south starting out of RedLodge and ending up in Yellowstone. The way up was about the scariest thing I have ever done (I was trying to keep up with a guy on an RT that was hella better rider than me), but ohh so worth it.

Unfortunately there is a lot of construction just past the summit, so the roads were all dirt when I went through (late summer '09). On the way down into Yellowstone I was able to do some really high speed cornering... awesome.

I think I remember it being scenic also, but I was riding it like I stole it...

Bike
2006 ST1300
Did it 2 years ago with a friend on his Beemer GS. Awsome ride until his final drive cratered at 11,000'. A lot of Harley riders pointing and laughing at his bike on the back of the tow truck heading back to Red Lodge.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Just be advised fellers, that the entire Wyoming side just up from Chief Joseph to the Montana border is hardpack gravel under construction with pilot trucks ... or at least it was at the beginning of September when I was there.

Austin city limits

R.I.P. - 2010/11/19
Rest In Peace
East Central Illinois... 12 miles from Moonshine..
Bike
2006 ST1300 ABS
Just be advised fellers, that the entire Wyoming side just up from Chief Joseph to the Montana border is hardpack gravel under construction with pilot trucks ... or at least it was at the beginning of September when I was there.
It is probably covered in 9 inches of snow now...

Hope they got the asphalt laid before the snow or,,, it might be July or August till it is done...

rbs

Bike
08 ST
STOC #
On top of Bear Tooth in 06. Kat and I have riddent this wonderful highway many times due to the fact that we have children living in Billings.

So if it's open we ride it when there. The construction mentioned above was due to some severe snow slides that took out a lot of the road.

Attachments

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
Just to prove to you that them Hockey fans know what they are talking about, that Rayzerman got it just darn near absolutely right. 'Cept for highway 200, my favorite. If I could figure any way in the whole world to live in Thompson Falls Montana, I would. Oh, boy.

Far as places to eat, you really would have to work to find a bad one in that part of the world. The people that eat at the restaurants all year round there are loggers and ranchers and miners and farmers and hunters and such like that. You either feed good or go completely broke.

Up to Buffalo Hump, MT is the Montana Bar and Grill. Tell Frenchy the big dumb a&& sent you if she doesn't shoot you, she'll feed you well. The place down the street from the 10 thousand dollar bar in Lincoln, Mt is wonderful, too.

Top Bottom