New Russell seat

It arrived today, two to three weeks ahead of schedule. It's very different and it'll take some getting used too. Nice fit and the leather smells great. The backrest should work well for those long slab cruises. Last farkle is a set of highway pegs.

Attachments

Last edited:
Actionfigurejoe said:
It arrived today, two to three weeks ahead of schedule. It's very different and it'll take some getting used too. Nice fit and the leather smells great. The backrest should work well for those long slab cruises. Last farkle is a set of highway pegs.
Very cool, what's the website? What did it cost?

Are you serious about highway pegs? I need another foot rest option...my right foot wants to ride the brake in a normal seated position. As for the seat, looks comfy, but I'm so damn short, 5'-6, that I wouldn't fit anything higher....does it have similar adjustments?

STOC #
Since Russell uses your stock seat pan, all of the adjustments remain functional. Some have complained about the Russell being higher. That may not be due to a net rise in the seat height, but to a slightly wider forward section forcing a wider stance and in effect making the seat seem higher. The Russell guys are extremely good at what they do. :bow1: Call them, tell them exactly what you expect and if they can't build a seat that suits you, they will buy it back. It's a no brainer to me. They are expensive, but would you rather buy another seat for almost as much money and be stuck with something you can't ride? :04biker:

lddave

been there
STOC #
Russell seat

I currently have 2 bikes and have 2 Russell seats .
They take a little getting use to in the looks department butt they sure a great in the sitting department.

OP
OP
Actionfigurejoe
Like it says on the Russell website. Beauty is in the eyes of the buttholder :)

Currenty have 400 miles on the seat. Incredible. I highly recommend it. I did 300 miles in one day. My ass never once begged for mercy. I'm a believer.

STOC #
Are you still able to shift your weight around while cornering?
Looks like the bolsters wouldl get in the way.
I dont hang off like a sport bike rider, butt I do move around sometimes to lessen the lean angle. :04biker:

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
Actionfigurejoe said:
Any chance you could add some thumbnails of how the backrest gets it's support? I wanted to see how they get the support for the backrest so I can look into possibly just buying a back rest.

Do they mod the pillion or rider pan to get the backrest up there?

Curt

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
That's a great idea but I'm kinda partial to the split seat and adjustability more than the backrest. Maybe down the down the road someone will mount one to the rear handle bolt points and have it come up between the seats.

We'll see.

Curt

STOC #
Russell Seat

Gotta tell you guys that the Russel made my ride. I just completed a 48++ and at no time did I not want to get back on the STranger. It may cost a lot but it's one farkel you can't skinp on. As for break-in, the 900 mile ride to Omaha and back was all I needed, and that was very comfortable. BTW, CRAZYKZ, I'll see you at the MN1K

Top Bottom