Good Riding Shoes

Anyone have any suggesstions on a good pair of riding shoes or boots. I really would like something that is not as heavy as some of the advertised "riding boots." Something light and comfortable, but will provide the appropriate amount of protection if needed. The best of both worlds in other words. Thanks for any suggesstions.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Oxtar Matrix for full length boots! :bow1: If you just want some ankle high deals, I loved my Icon Super Duty boots... real comfortable and you can wear them puppies all day!

I have alpinestar boots, too. Not sure of the model. I used to wear work boots, but wanted more ankle protection. They're not waterproof, but are comfortable on the bike and offer good shift lever and brake feel.

STOC #
Icon

Icon "Motorhead" boots are great www.ride-icon.com. They feature Vibram soles (replaceable). I love mine. They probably aren't the lightest but they've made it 12,000 miles with hardly a scratch.

You may have noticed that I advertise for Icon. I love their gear. I understand that it may not be for everyone.

Killtimer

Youth Challenged Member
Somewhere in the Majestic Rocky Mountains of Alber
STOC #
I've got a pair of these on order, hope to see them this week.

I'm hoping they'll be a bit cooler than my Alpinstar Stage, which are a great boot, just too hot, especially for hiking at the end of the day. The rest of the Kochman boot lineup can be found here . They've been around awhile and supply boots for the BMW clothing line. They're getting rave reviews from the Euro touring crowd so I thought I'd give them a try. I'll post a review asap.

Another vote for Sidi's OnRoad boots. Very comfy, don't feel heavy and my feet never feel hot or cold and they stay nice and dry in rain. Sole is good on slippery surfaces too.

Top Bottom