Winter chaps?

I'd like to see come insulated (removeable?) Cordura chaps that fasten with velcro straps - quick on, quick off.

Anybody recommend anything?:hotpepper

STOC #
I have a set of the Eclipse Electric Chaps that I used for years. Not great for really cold weather but for short trips they worked great.

I invested in Gerbing stuff now that my commute is longer and plan on riding till its no longer safe.

Blue STreak

Bob Meyer
STOC #
I guess winter chaps don't make a lot of sense to me. If it's cold, I want to cover ALL of my leg, not just part of it.

Check out First Gear HT overpants. Warm, waterproof, and with a little practice I can get them off in about 30 seconds. And I don't have to put my unprotected tushy on an ice cold seat. Other companies make similar items.

STOC #
I'll second the recommendation for First Gear HT overpants... but it's still taking me a little longer than 30 seconds to get into them. They are comfy!

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I have lined leather chaps, but have the HT Overpants on the way... would recommend those over chaps... over chaps... LOL!!! ;)

I've got to chime in here..I think that chaps on a motorcycle are one of the lamest things I've ever seen. First off you end up looking like a member of the Village People.. But more important they offer no armor/protection in the parts of the lower body that will impact the road, knees, shins, hips. They offer basically no weather protection unless there are Goretex chaps and your crotch and ass would still get wet! They don't keep you warm, and if you fall off your ass is completely unprotected.. Now if you're into the Harley dress up life style more power to you.. Me I buy gear that makes sense riding a motorcycle, not at a costume ball.

Last edited:
Bike
08 Kawa Nomad
STOC #
Erik said:
I've got to chime in here..I think that chaps on a motorcycle are one of the lamest things I've ever seen. First off you end up looking like a member of the Village People.. But more important they offer no armor/protection in the parts of the lower body that will impact the road, knees, shins, hips. They offer basically no weather protection unless there are Goretex chaps and your crotch and ass would still get wet! They don't keep you warm, and if you fall off your ass is completely unprotected.. Now if you're into the Harley dress up life style more power to you.. Me I buy gear that makes sense riding a motorcycle, not at a costume ball.
X2, HT over pants for me, haven't had to try them with the liner, but they are warm just as they are.

Top Bottom