Gloves Roadgear Winter Waterproof Gloves

Bike
2012 K-1600 GTL
STOC #
I picked up a set of the Roadgear winter gloves for $80 with kevlar, Thinsulate and Hypora liners while I was at the IMC show.

Tried them agains a set of Huntworth non-motorcycle waterproof gloves with 40g Thinsulate I picked up in a hardware store after my powertrip winter gloves gave up during our Big Bend trip.

The Roadgear seem very well made, has reflective inserts on the knuckles and adjustable gauntlet and wrist bands to keep them on your hands in a get-off. 38 F. tonight so I rode for about 15 minutes with the roadgear and then the cheapo hunting gloves. Both with the grip heat on low.

No contest, the $8 hunting gloves beat the tar out of the roadgear gloves for warmth and comfort. Unfortunately, they do not have any abrasion resistance and no way of retaining them in a crash.:(

The Powertrip are ok dry and worthless if it rains. They just became the cold weather passenger gloves. I am going to go with the Roadgear for this season and look at the new Held with the phase change stuff for next year.
With the bar risers, my fingers seem to get the most air and I do not think any useable weight of Thinsulate is going to make a difference in all day exposure to the breeze, Has anyone ever fitted a set of motocross style deflectors on the ST?

I will edit and post more after i get the Roadgear stuff wet, the Hunting gloves are dry as a bone in a pretty good downpour. :)

Chris :04biker:

crazykz

R.I.P. - 2012/06/16
Rest In Peace
Bike
2007 ST1300A
STOC #
My biggest issue with finding warm gloves is the bulk. I have small hands and a glove of more than a couple layers makes it almost impossible to get a comfortable grip, and I have the small heated grips too. The heated grips allow me to where a thinner glove but I wouldn't mind finding a warm waterproof glove that was thinner on the grip side but thicker on the outside.

Curt

clmixon said:
No contest, the $8 hunting gloves beat the tar out of the roadgear gloves for warmth and comfort. Unfortunately, they do not have any abrasion resistance and no way of retaining them in a crash.:(
Yup. That's what concerns me too in a riding glove. It's got to offer crash protection.

Protecting your hands from the wind makes huge difference in how warm your hands feel. For example, Handlbear muffs like the ones used in ATV's and snowmobiles. I sometimes use them. They go on and off in seconds and pack really small. I also used to have the original Hippo Hands by Vetter. They worked great but were bulkier.

The Aerostich Triple Digit overgloves are something that I always have with me on tour. They protect from the rain and cold wind. Make a big difference.

The Tourmaster Elite also look quite good. I'd like to see them in person.

Bruno
Montreal, Canada
Gerbing Heated JACKET LINER Review
http://pages.videotron.com/mcrides/product_evals/gerbing/liner.htm
:

Top Bottom