BikeQuip Fliptop Screen

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
I ordered a fliptop screen from BikeQuip that was 21" vertical and +2" wide. I think it'll make a nice winter screen, but I'll probably go back to the stocker for summer usage. There is a spot where the wind is blown over my helmet that is nice and smooth, but it cuts too much wind for summer use.

STOC #
Bike quip

I've been communicating with the man that makes these screens. He sent me a slew of e-mails from very satisfied customers. I had asked about the amount of wind pressure on the back compared to the stock screen and none of the responses addressed the subject. I have tried two after market shields (you can see the thread I started the other day) and both had slight drawbacks despite significant improvements over the stock shield. The Clearview is an awesome shield that provides great wind protection and reduces noise much better than the California Scientific that I tried. However, the Clearview places considerably more wind pressure on my back than the Cal Sci, but not as much as the stocker. The pressure hits me just above the kidney area on both sides of my back.

1) Did you feel any such pressure with the stock unit
2)Is there any pressure on your back from wind with the BikeQuip unit?
3)If so, where is the pressure felt and how much is there compared to the stock shield?
4) Do you ride with a Top Box?

Thanks for your thread/post

David

STOC #
Thanks

Thanks Fred, but still no mention of the difference related to the pressure on the back. I'm sending the Clearview back and John Lauk is going to try to experiment with the shield to reduce the back pressure further. Hopefully the noise level doesn't increase. I have to say that I am so blown away at the customer service that John has shown to me.

David

BikeQuip

Just spent an educational 20 mins on the phone with this guy being dissapointed with the standard screen.

Man he seems to know his stuff. Will recieve a 22" tinted version soon and will let you know how i get on but if the screen is as good as he says it is, (and i personally believe him). Its looking good

More to follow

Chris
:biker:

Fitted the screen in 5 minutes and looks good from the off

Will try it with a trip into London tomorrow. Just sitting on the bike and looking forwards it seems it will be much better than the stock

I agree that if you look through the screen you get a distorted view, but i explained i did not want to look through, just over so thats not a big deal for me.

Very happy at this point :D

Chris
:biker:

Top Bottom