Rev-It Gear

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
One of the local BMW shops was having a Christmas sale with goodies discounted 10-15%. I've been going back and forth between an Motoport outfit and one from Rev-It. Here's a pretty good write up on the latter:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/revit/revit-cayenne-jacket.htm#comments

and here's a link to Rev-It's site:

http://www.revitusa.net/acatalog/34_Textile_Jackets.html

While I've yet to go on a test ride, so far I'm pretty impressed with the quality of construction, fit, and comfort of the jacket and pants. I'll be taking a new job after the first of the year and will probably do the 25 mile commute on my bike so I can take advantage of the carpool lanes. Since I'm usually a fair weather rider, I figured this was a good investment. I'll provide another post after I've racked up some miles.

John

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
John

I have used Revitt clothing for a couple of years now. I was given the jacket to test, cost at that time was about ?300.00 or just under $600, to me it was free as I do work for one of their distributors over here.

I also have their trousers and have given them some hammering over the two years, but, I am afraid all of this 100% waterproof thy claim, is not real!

I found the jacket to be excellent in fitment, plenty of pockets and I also liked the extra rain collar that zips in and out easily, and fastens at the front of the chest with velcro. Nice touch I thought.

However, I have been in all sorts of weather, and after a couple of months, the jacket let water in, particularly on the sleeves, and in the end, I had to carry a plastic waterproof jacket to put over the Revitt jacket in order to stay dry.

Trousers were much the same, comfortable to wear but not 100% waterproof.

I have now moved to Spada clothing which again was free. The jacket has just been awarded top bannana by 'BIKE' magazine over here. I am not complaining as it has not cost me anything.

Best of luck with your new clothing.

Mick

OP
OP
John Anthony

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Mick -

Thanks for the note. Yesterday, I donned the new duds for an hour test ride (50 degrees, no rain) and both jacket and pants felt great. No rain in Seattle today, but it looks like we've got a storm coming in over the weekend so I should get a chance to test the gear in some wet weather. I'll be visiting the local dealership if the gear leaks as we get quite a bit of rain this time of the year and I do want to commute to my new job.

John

REv-it gear.

JM Anthony said:
One of the local BMW shops was having a Christmas sale with goodies discounted 10-15%. I've been going back and forth between an Motoport outfit and one from Rev-It. Here's a pretty good write up on the latter:

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/revit/revit-cayenne-jacket.htm#comments

and here's a link to Rev-It's site:

http://www.revitusa.net/acatalog/34_Textile_Jackets.html

While I've yet to go on a test ride, so far I'm pretty impressed with the quality of construction, fit, and comfort of the jacket and pants. I'll be taking a new job after the first of the year and will probably do the 25 mile commute on my bike so I can take advantage of the carpool lanes. Since I'm usually a fair weather rider, I figured this was a good investment. I'll provide another post after I've racked up some miles.

John
John, The rev-it rep was at a BMW shop here in Marin Cal. a few months ago while i was buying a pair of Held gloves. Tried on their jacket-I wear a size 44. Their large was way too small--sleeves were way too tight. I was swimming in the xl. Also the seams were not straight and some missed the material altogether. Bought a Marsee jacket from Derby Cycles--very nice. JMO.

Top Bottom