Passenger seat angle on 90 ST1100

STOC #
That's a new problem I haven't heard before - been riding and discussiont the ST1100 since 1999. Are you sure the seat is latched properly? If the latch wasn't pushed down all the way, it would give you forward incline.

If the seat is on properly, and you don't want to buy an aftermarket seat (I recommend Rick Mayer), just take your seat to a local automotive shop, and ask them to recontour the incline by adding padding to the front of the passenger seat. Shouldn't cost more than $50, if that.

OP
OP
videolester

videolester

STOC#5895
Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia Canada! Host
CarSalesman said:
That's a new problem I haven't heard before - been riding and discussiont the ST1100 since 1999. Are you sure the seat is latched properly?
Yup. It's properly latched. My wife says that she feels herself sliding forward towards me when on the back. The seat sorta naturally slopes towards the front of the bike (just a bit). I really like your re-upholstery idea, and am going to investigate that ! ;)

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
I think the Sargent site said something about that problem; it's something the address with their premium foam upgrade. I know, you don't want a new seat; just pointing out that apparently someone has noticed this.

Lester,

I'm coming into this a bit late, but rather than seat angle, I think this has more to do with the friction of the seat material. I (and my passenger) found the stock seat to be rather slippery, and she often slid into me during normal stopping.

I didn't find the stock seat particularly comfortable, so I replaced it with a Travelcade, and I no longer have the slipping problem either. My passenger doesn't have to push herself backward at every stop sign.

Jamie

STOC #
Looks great! So how does the wife like it? And of course what did it cost to get it fixed if you don't mind me asking?

GI_Alan

Top Bottom