Honda Averto Factory Alarm Install

FL-STrider

Roughing it smoothly
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I haven't seen very much discussion at all about the European Spec Honda Alarm System. I found a new one on eBay.co.uk and decided to give it a go. I was hesitant at first since US spec ST's don't have Honda's HISS security system and I wasn't sure if it was required in order for this alarm to function correctly. As it turns out, it's just a second layer of protection and works perfectly in US spec ST's 2003 and newer. The system is ST1300 specific and is totally plug-n-play. It took me 4 hours to install, however I tend to make projects out of everything I do as I like to clean all the tupperware once it is off.

The unit came with Two Key Fobs, Main Alarm Unit with built-in 118dB Siren, Wiring Harness, Mounting Hardware, LED Alarm Indicator Light, Magnetic Seat Switch and instructions. You do need to have the Optional Quartet Harness in order to connect this as it uses its 9 pin connector.

Installation required all of the tupperware to come off which turns out to be about 80% of the work to install this. The alarm itself only takes about 40 minutes to install and it couldn't be any easier. All of the alarms wiring connectors are color coded as well. The main unit mounts behind the dash/speedometer cluster which comes with the bracket and screws. The main alarm unit is completely weather proof and the harness connection uses 6 screws and a gasket. The quality is excellant and is manufactured in Italy by a firm called Delta Elettronica.

It does have 8 settings on sensitivity. Alarming the unit causes the turn signals to flash solid for 3 seconds and disalarming cause them to flash solid for 1 seconds. After 7 days the unit goes into a power saving mode too. Once the alarm is connected you don't have to set it, however you do still have to use the key fob regardless in order to start the bike. If the alram is activated it will sound for 30 seconds before going silent again. Should the alarm be activated in your absence it will notify you upon your return with a series of beeps: 1 Beep = Main Switch Operated, 2 Beeps = vehicle rocked or moved, 3 Beeps = both previously listed condidtions.

The alarm is equiped with its own internal battery should your main battery become weak or disconnected. It is charged when the bike is running. The directions do suggest that the alarm draws very low current ( 1.5ma alarm mode, .5ma sleep condition). I do keep my bike on a battery tender so this is not a concern at all for me.

Finally there is an Emergency De-Activation procedure card supplied with a 6 digit code should your key fob malfunction.

I've attached some photos of the install below.

Here's a demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wPt29JnfcM

Attachments

Ras

Hi,

I have just purchased a ST1300 with alarm fitted but no operating instructions. Any chance you could scan the operating instruction manual and post it. I can't find it anyplace

Help appreciated

Ron

OP
OP
FL-STrider

FL-STrider

Roughing it smoothly
Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
I do have the manual in PDF format but it is too large to post on this sight. You will have to shoot me your email via a PM. I'm more then happy to send it

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Wow I've never heard of that alarm. Is this a current product?

Great post and thanks for the pics!

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Is this a current product?
In Europe their avail as genuine Honda accessory since the late 90ies...
Mayor benefit is the model specific, plug & play wiring kit, avoiding cut & splice damage to the bike's wiring harness, as well as proper, also model specific mounting hardware/brackets.

Bike
ST1300 03
I had one on my 2010 ST fitted by the Honda dealership but I did regret it later. I ended up on a couple of occasions with starter problems which were resolved by pushing the bike down the road for a 100 yards or so. The bike would then start without any issue which I put down to interference. My 2004 ST doesn't have one fitted.

Hi

I have a PanEuropean with Averto alarm install, someone see that it's more difficult start the bike when it's stop a pair of days than before install the alarm. I think that battery of bike has few amperes that bike needs with alarm install.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
An alarm kit will increase the standby current (exact draw armed/unarmed should be listed in the specs pages of the manual)

Best is to fully disarm it while in the home based garage (IIRC will it automatically activate the demobilizer by default), but it'll still draw a few milliamp...

Bike
2008 ST1300
Hi. I know this is an old thread but trying to id some wiring that I think maybe to do with alarm. Looking at op's photos I can see the blue connector and two white connectors. I have a blue one which is connected and the two white ones are not plugged into anything. Should they be? Many thanks

Attachments

Bike
ST1100X
Hi FL-Strider, I know its a very long time since you posted this topic but I was wondering if you still have a copy of the alarm operating manual. I have one on my 04 ST13 but experiencing some issues with it. My email address is derekmacg@eircom.net
Thanks in advance
Derek

I do have the manual in PDF format but it is too large to post on this sight. You will have to shoot me your email via a PM. I'm more then happy to send it
Hello FL-STRIDER, i need also a (Installation) Manual for the Pan European ST1300 Averto Alarmsystem. Can you send me this on my E-Mail: franz.huetter(at)ti3d.at . My Alarm is defect and i need to deactivate the blocking of the start switch, the Alarm himself i have deactivated by the code. I think the Accu from the Alarm is defect until a livetime of 16 Years an i can't it deactivate by Remote.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Accu = battery (in German, Akkumulator)

I did a little research into this Averto alarm, and found a comment on the Dutch language ST 1100 - ST 1300 site where an owner stated that the Honda Averto alarm is essentially the same product as the Spyball 6527 (made by Spyball, an Italian company that has since gone out of business). The Dutch ST owner wrote:

The Honda averto alarm is the same as the spyball 6527.
A few differences:
The spyball is usually on the butt, the averto on a bracket near your dash.
The spyball is fixed in terms of wiring, the averto on the quartet harness
The spyball has a scm inspection, the average does not.

Based on that, I went digging and found an install manual for the Spyball 6527. It is 15 pages, of which pages 7 to 15 inclusive are French & Dutch, so I have deleted those pages from the PDF, the 6 pages of English language installation instructions are attached.

Hope this helps. If it does not, just follow the same security practices that I do: Always park beside a Harley-Davidson, the thieves will steal the Harley and not your ST. :)

Michael

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
If this alarm is wired so it can deactivate the ignition , DON'T DO IT ! My ChatterBox brand alarm was wired to - shut off the ignition - ( if stolen ) & that's what it did on I-80 in Iowa when it suddenly malfunctioned , with no warning & directly caused my accident in 2015 ; concussion & 3 shoulder surgeries , year of no riding & $2700 in helmet , MC coat , & right side plastic parts of my ST.

Last edited:
Top Bottom