Throttle Cable Adjustments

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Anyone got pictures of the throttle adjustment fittings under the tank?
I just ordered a Throttle Tamer and would like to adjust most of the play out of the
lower adjuster, leaving me more on the grip if possible.
How hard are they to get too? What needs to be removed?
Thanks

Byron

STOC #
You need to raise the tank and remove the airbox. The adjustment is nothing more that two jamb nuts on the end of the cable. Loosen and adjust then tighten the nuts and put things back together. The hardest part will probably be removing the air horn fittings from the bottom of the airbox. They can be a bear and you run the risk of stripping the head of the phillips head screw if you don't use a good bit/driver. First time off is usually the hardest and as long as they aren't put back on super tight you'll be good to go the next time. There are replacement screws available that convert them to allen head where you don't have to worry about stripping the heads. Might think about picking up a set before you start the job and just replace them when putting back together.

Here is some more info on the screws I'm talking about.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Here's a shot showing the upper portion of the mechanism. As you twist the throttle, the upper cable is pulled. The slack is taken up by the upper adjustment you can see in the picture:

Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
Here's a shot showing the upper portion of the mechanism. As you twist the throttle, the upper cable is pulled. The slack is taken up by the upper adjustment you can see in the picture:
In doing a bit of research I noticed the color matched small zip-ties on the 5-way T. Very neat idea.

Has the 5-way T been extended out so it can be reached easier next time, or is that where it is located originally?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Thanks Gary ... I also contemplated using colored electrician's tape, but went with the zip ties. Correct, the 5-way is relocated as shown for ease of access. It was originally buried under the mess of hoses, wires, and linkage in the right half of the picture.

Bike
2000 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
I may be helping another member close to me soon. We need to check & clean his 5-way T. Then do a throttle body sync. This will be a challenge for me, as I've never attempted it yet. I really want to learn this process, and be efficient at it.

Thanks for any other help or input on this.

Gary.

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Igofar:

I installed a ThrottleTamer on my ST 1300 yesterday. The instructions contained in this article were very helpful: ST1300 - G2 Tamer Throttle Tube Install.

I did not have access to an air compressor, however, I found that it was quite easy to 'roll up' each end of the rubber handgrip (the OEM one, not a heated one) sort of like a condom in order to apply isopropyl alcohol to the original throttle tube to enable me to slide the handgrip off.

Michael

Bike
2006 ST1300
In doing a bit of research I noticed the color matched small zip-ties on the 5-way T. Very neat idea.

Has the 5-way T been extended out so it can be reached easier next time, or is that where it is located originally?

I really like the zip-ties on the 5-way T

Top Bottom