Armor Do you use Armor, yes or no?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Yes, armor all the time. Knees, hips, back/kidney, shoulders, elbows, head, feet.

My boots have leather having some reinforcement layers, but not armor per se.

My gloves are my weak link and do not have any armor in them. At best they will provide some abrasion resistance. In the winter I wear leather with a bit extra padding (Gerbing T-5's). In summer, I wear mesh gloves (Olympia's for example).

Edit: I need to check out those Held gloves that TinyL linked above. :yes:

Bike
ST1300A 2006
Yes, absolutely... the armor is 1/2 the protection and a crash is not just about road rash... so much is about the initial impact.

Take your armor out.. put your jacket on and have a friend punch you in the arm as hard as he can...
Mellow: You are a very odd man....:wink: However, I agree, taking out the armor is like Oreo Cookies without the middle!

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Yes! First Gear mesh jacket and paints with full armor.

I spotted on First Gear's website late last year a new technology in armor that they were including in some of their new offerings. I emailed them inquiring if they were considering making replacement armor for their existing products. They told me to check back this year. This thread prompted me to email them for an update. They replied that I should check out their 2012 catalog due out this August. I'm definitely going to look into it when it's available: First Gear D3O Armor

RCS

Yep, armor here too. Motoport quad pro elbow, chest, forearm, back, hips, knees, thighs. Heck, I almost jumped off at 72mph one day just to check it out and see how it worked.

Bike
ST 1300
I would highly recommend the HELD Air Streams. They stay very cool in hot weather and I have personally tested the armour. I bought the grey since lighter color helps them stay cool. Still wearing pair from my get off last summer. Bought a second pair just for when i wear out the first pair...These are very high quality gloves so I'm probably set up for the next 20 years.

http://www.heldusa.com/airstream.html

And, Yes I wear armour.
At $130 plus shipping, they better be the best gloves in the world and last for at least 20 years.

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
At $130 plus shipping, they better be the best gloves in the world and last for at least 20 years.
lol, I bought these last year for $119.00 and they are worn out after one season. :( Of course riding in the rain with them on didn't help their longevity...

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Always wear armor anytime on the Bike. I use Joe Rocket and also Have some Cortech armor as well...

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #

I won't tell you what my Held gloves cost then. I don't want any more crooked fingers. Been wearing them since my get off at WeSTOC 2006 and would buy another pair if I could find them.

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Yes, always armor. It is 1/2 of the protection (impact; the other 1/2 being abrasion protection)

Top Bottom