Aftermarket Exhaust

Bike
'06 ST1300
Had a great ride today and got to thinking about aftermarket exhaust for my '06 ST1300. I'm looking for opinions about Two Brothers and any others. I don't want it too loud, just a bit more in keeping with the sport part of the sport touring. I'm coming from an inline 4 and have always loved that sound, stock or performance exhaust. The ST seems a little mild.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Go with the Staintunes I have them on my ST and they sound great! Look around here in the classified section as used ones come up now and again.

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
Check out My review of the Delkevic pipes in the review section ! Great exhaust ,not loud, just a good rumble at idle and low rpm,s going to quiet at higher speed ! Great price and quality looks also !

MIKE

Bike
2012 GL1800 III
Since your coming from more sport .. look at Two Brothers Carbon Fiber w p1 tips..M2's or M5 Not to loud, looks great against the black , and the p1 tips add a little back pressure/ lower noise level, so no back firing on de-cell..

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
My bike had Carbon Two Brothers pipes when I bought it, but I sold them pretty quickly. Yes, it had a deep throaty rumble, and I frankly liked the sound, but it was way too loud. I felt guilty taking the bike for an early morning ride and felt guilty pulling into a motel or campground late. I also didn't want to draw attention to myself when I jumped on the throttle.

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
Delkevic, great sound and price is unbeatable. If you can put up with straps you will save tons of money.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Staintunes or Delkevics in my opinion are the best not-too-loud options.

STaintunes cost more but the quality is much better.

Bike
2018 Vstrom 1000xt
I have the M2 2-Brothers on mine also, however the P1X tips saved the pipes from being removed. I got tired of being too loud after hrs of touring. The new tips have changed that. I like to have some sound for attention sake, but not an annoyance.

OP
OP
Bike
'06 ST1300
Wow, this has been really useful. I've heard the Two Brothers (older style) and they seemed way too loud and not even a particularly nice sound. I thought it was just me. Looks like Delkevic or Staintune are the answer. Or new style Two Brothers maybe. I'm on a budget to used or Delkevic will probably win. I'll start with looking for used and go from there.
Thanks everyone.

Bike
04 ST1300
I just put on the Delkevics and love them. I left the baffles in and the sound is just right. Lil rumble at idle and not noticable at speedSlightly better gas mileage. Easy to install.

Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Delkevic, great sound and price is unbeatable. If you can put up with straps you will save tons of money.
They shipped mine with (1) correct strap and (1) incorrect strap. A phone call and the correct one was sent. No problem installing.

jnsgardner

R.I.P. - 2012/08/30
Rest In Peace
Bike
'05 ST-1300A
STOC #
What sold me on Staintunes was the removeable baffle. At the time, I had to go to work at 4:30am, so I wanted to be nice to my neighbors. Now, I'm retired and the baffles sit on the garage shelf.

John

Bike
'06 ST1300
I have the Staintunes on mine with the baffles removed. Gives the bike a nice rumble and muffles a bit of the George Jetson sound the bike originally had with the baffles in. :)

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Yes, it had a deep throaty rumble, and I frankly liked the sound, but it was way too loud. I felt guilty taking the bike for an early morning ride and felt guilty pulling into a motel or campground late. I also didn't want to draw attention to myself when I jumped on the throttle.
Same reason I sold mine.. Now I have the Staintunes. They are just what I was looking for..

The Delkevic pipes are a great bargain... But don't know to much about them but the sound is nice.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Love the rumble of the 2 brothers carbon fiber that came on my newly purchased 05. Haven't yet had the opportunity to compare to any other system, just know they can hear me coming and even more so when I go by. I also received the stock exhaust, but doubt they will ever be reinstalled while the bike is in my possession.

john.schmidt

www.vehicleworklog.com
Hi. I was thinking about buying Delkevics. Is there anything in particular re the quality that is a problem? Don't have a lot to spend, but just want my bike to be heard a bit more. Thanks in advance.

Silver Bullet

Retired
Bike
2020 Tracer 900 GT
Hi. I was thinking about buying Delkevics. Is there anything in particular re the quality that is a problem? Don't have a lot to spend, but just want my bike to be heard a bit more. Thanks in advance.
Hi John ,you can check out my Delkevic review in the review section ,it pretty much sums them up pretty good ! Nice Exhuast ! and great price !
MIKE

Blue One

Vendor
Bike
04 ABS ST1300
You most definitely get what you pay for. The Staintunes are the best, with the welded on mounting brackets and the nice polished finish. I love mine.

The Delkevics are cheaper, and IMO they look that way too. It's the mounting strap I don't like.

While I haven't actually taken a UT thickness meter to the shell material, my first impressions after having had both in my hands for a visual inspection is that the shell material of the Staintunes is a thicker gauge than the Delkevics.

I run mine with the baffles and like the sound.

Another benefit is that they run way cooler than stock exhaust. I also ceramic coated the rest of the system and that also makes a difference.

Some will say that they don't improve performance, but my ST feels like it has just a tad more mid range pull than with stock exhaust.

Top Bottom