I bought a GoPro HD Helmet Cam yesterday. After watching member videos for awhile, I have decided I want to mount it on the bike and not on the helmet. I have read a number of threads, and searched the internet, non ST Forums, and YouTube, but can't find answers to the following questions:
1. How do you aim the GoPro? Is it simply a question of trial and error, or do I have to plunk down another $80.00 to buy the LCD BacPac?
2. If I use the 3M sticky mount in a location and decide that isn't the best place, will I be able to remove the mount without affecting the paint job? I don't care about the fact I can't use the mount again, but I want to make certain that my experiments don't leave spots all over the bike.
3. Is the suction cup mount (it didn't come with my GoPro) better than the 3M sticky mount? Can it be easily removed, and moved, without leaving a mark, and is it as stable as the 3M sticky mount?
4. I only saw one video where the camera was mounted on the mirror housing but the video seemed jumpy, probably because the mirror housing is not very stable. Is that an accurate assumption? If so, I'll cross off the mirror housing as a possible location for the mount.
5. I couldn't find a video taken with the camera mounted on the front, below the windshield but above the lights. Would that be a good place to mount the camera, and if not, why not?
6. Mounting it on the fairing, near or below the Honda logo, seems to be the most stable and results in the best videos. Some mount it on the left fairing and some on the right. What's the difference, or isn't there any? Is it simply a matter of preference?
› See More: GoPro Questions