Scala Rider and GPS Bluetooth.

TearlessTom

Bike Whisperer
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Just need some quick advice.

My better half and I are heading out west at the end of June, We will be in AZ for a week and CO. for a week. Plus Two day trip each way.

We wll trailer the bikes out then ride each day we are there.

I recently bought us a pair of SCALA RIDER PRO. so we can communicate during our rides. We have tried them out a couple of times and like them so far. Once on different bikes and once 2 up.

Anyhow , my questions (2 of them)

I have the Street Pilot 2730 which does not have BLUETOOTH to connect to the SCALA.

Can anyone suggest which GPS units are know to work with this system???

I have also been thinking of the TOMTOM units also as well as GARMIN.

Secondly, Does anyone know which GPS will work with the STREETS AND TRIPS program???

Most of the time my trial version will not recognize my Street Pilot 2730 so I can not send routes to my unit. I like the STREETS &TRIPS much better than Mapsource.

Thanks for any and all help.

Raj_Zin

AKA Steve
Bike
FJR1300A
STOC #
Can anyone suggest which GPS units are know to work with this system???
I don't know which GPS will work, but is your Scala A2DP capable? If so, you could get a bluetooth adapter to plug in the 2730, and connect to the headset that way. Cost about $25. That's how I connect my 2730 to my Sena.

Most of the time my trial version will not recognize my Street Pilot 2730
I've never been able to get S&T to recognize my 2730. With S&T 2010 you can export the trip as a .gpx file, which Map source can read. Then use map source to transfer it to the GPS. Some "tweaking" might be necessary to keep your intended route. Seemed like more trouble than it was worth, so I just got used to MapSource.

Not the answers you were looking for but HTH
-Steve

OP
OP
TearlessTom

TearlessTom

Bike Whisperer
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
It helps, at least now I know I am not the only one with problems getting it to recognize the 2730. Strange thing is it did recognize it a few times but rarely.

I had forgotten about the dongle. I have one but the battery is dead. I will try to dig it out and see if I can get it to run.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
I use MS Streets & Trips all the time with my Chinavasion GPS (convert from EST to KML using GPSBABEL). I helped the Cheese connect his up to his Bluetooth headset but I don't remember which brand. They are waterproof, glove friendly and relatively inexpensive.

Top Bottom