Fallen Rider-Ken Morton

Bike
2015 FJR1300A
Guys and gals: have been spending most of my computer time following our cousins on the FJR website. Those following the IBR likely know another smaller rally started later (UTAH 1088), but involved meeting up with the IBR folks @ checkpoint 1, unreal as life can be....there has been a fatal crash. Ken Morton. There is not much info,but it's on the FJR forum:

Tragedy at the Utah 1088

I am stunned to report that we have lost my good friend Ken Morton last night.

I believe he was returning from the Cheektowaga Checkpoint and was on I-80 in Nebraska, when reports indicate he hydroplaned on standing water, and hit a guardrail, killing him instantly.

Thoughts and prayers to his wife Lisa, please.

I shall light a candle for my Brother tonight.

ScubaDave

Site Supporter
Bike
st 1300
STOC #
Re: Shuey the Deer Slayer, Two in Ten

I hate to hear of the loss of a fellow rider. Though I do not know Ken, I have no doubt he will be missed by all who knew him. God bless Ken RIP.... <______________________>

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sorry to hear this... he was doing what he loved and living life to it's fullest... prayers out to his family and friends.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
A new attendee at LocSToc was reading texts she had gotten in regards to the crash. The news of his passing had not gotten through yet. My condolences to to all of Ken's family and friends.

Edit:
Sorry for my confusion and any I may have caused. The rider I referred to went down in Nebraska and is going to be fine. I did not hear all the story I guess. Sorry.

Again, condolences to Ken's family and friends.

lddave

been there
STOC #
First saw Ken when I was working the Florida checkpoint in 2003 . He was riding the Silver Wing man what a different bike it was . Tragic lost .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave

Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
I met Ken for the first and last time at the start of the '11 IBR. My condolences to his family & friends.

Tim in Burien, WA

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I'd like to add my heartfelt condolences to Ken's family and friends and to all who knew him.
Horrible news indeed.

Patty

Kevin_56

Site Supporter
Bike
20 R1250RT
STOC #
A new attendee at LocSToc was reading texts she had gotten in regards to the crash. The news of his passing had not gotten through yet. My condolences to to all of Ken's family and friends.
Mark - I do not think it was the same person as he went down right away in NY not Nebraska.

Top Bottom