Heat

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
FWIW, the ST is a pizza oven on two wheels, but as mentioned before, good boots, riding pants and even the socks make a difference. I rode once this summer in blue jeans and hated it. I thought it was much hotter than wearing the riding pants. I have Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants (just ordered the JR Phoenix 3.0 mesh), TourMaster Solution boots, Rev-It and Alpine Stars Summer socks.

I find the sweating helps melt off my buttermilk in the summer. Just stay hydrated!

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Now Bakerboy...there is a couple of different deflector kits out there. mellow has it looks like the ones that are factory(which is non adjustable) and then there's like the one's you see on the Goldwings out there, which are adjustable. Which ones are you referring to??? That goes for you too Shake, or anyone who is referring to deflector kits. Thanx... Jeff
I was referring to the Honda Fairing Deflector Set, as that is what I have installed on mine. Others have been referring to the Baker Built Air Wings.

OP
OP
neumsky
Bike
2010 ST-1300
That's funny Tampadog.... Bakerboy...did'nt you mention you need to adjust these depending on winter or summer??? I did'nt know you could make adjustments on the Honda Fairing deflector set?

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
That's funny Tampadog.... Bakerboy...did'nt you mention you need to adjust these depending on winter or summer??? I did'nt know you could make adjustments on the Honda Fairing deflector set?
No, I didn't say that. Perhaps you recall something to the effect of: you [rider] learn to adjust your leg position from summer to winter to get the most the deflectors.
:shrug1:

OP
OP
neumsky
Bike
2010 ST-1300
Your absolutely right...I went back one page and reread it and that's exactly what you said... it seems as I look at pictures that there are quite a few of those mods put on there.

Do you have any pictures of this? I just bought a used 2004 and the holes are taped over. There are 6 holes on each side in columns of 3.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Do you have any pictures of this? I just bought a used 2004 and the holes are taped over. There are 6 holes on each side in columns of 3.
That is possibly from the Baker air wings (no relation to me). IIRC, the Honda deflector set has one screw under the mirror housing, and one very low at about ankle height, with double-stick tape between.

Top Bottom