Michelin PR 3's

Bike
All of them !
STOC #
i have been unable to find anyone who has the Pilot Road 3 front tire for my ST 1300. It seems everyone is expecting it but no one has it, has that the front tire ever been released ? I have the rear and would like to put the front and rear on at the same time.

owl

It's available in the UK, but when I wanted to buy a set last month, I was told that only the PR 2 was approved by Honda for the ST1300?

I chickened out & went with the PR 2's.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
It's available in the UK, but when I wanted to buy a set last month, I was told that only the PR 2 was approved by Honda for the ST1300?

You "chickened" out? But you're an owl!

I'm sure Tim will chime in here when he sees this post. My guess, all the vendors/distributor will have access to the front tire within hours of each other when it becomes available. Probably waiting on a container or two to hit the US shores.

Two Brothers

Walking, Talking, and Smiling!
The fronts to my knowledge have never touch ground in the US. I have had 8 front tires on backorder since January. I have personally talked, emailed, begged, screamed, and threatened (well maybe not some of those) the Michelin rep, Parts Unlimited rep, and Western Powersports rep about these tires.

Please don't let anyone pull your chain and tell you they can get you one. I will promise you this if they had them, Keel Brothers would have already laid their hands on them.

Now if you want to run that tire it will match with the PR2 front very well. We have some members that have been running the PR3 rears and the PR2 fronts.

This will give you the break down on the differences on the tires.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=pilotroad3
http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/index.cfm?event=pilotroad2

Tread patterns on the rear are very close to the same with only sipeing added to the rear tire. The fronts changed with the sipeing and they changed the percentage of the soft and hard rubber.

With the rear being almost the same you will not have any problems running a front PR2 and a rear PR3. Hope it helps. Ride safe.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Tim: Are the PR3 fronts dual compound, or single compound? (The PR2 fronts are single compound, right?) I'm assuming that the PR3 rear is dual, rather than triple compound.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
PR single compound
PR2 dual compound (3 compounds one is common for the front and rear)
PR3 dual compound different width where they change and the added sipes.
errr I think LOL.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
STOC #
I went on the RoadRunner Magazine weekend ride week before last. One of the guys on a '10 Kawasaki Concours had just put a new set of PR3s on his bike that week. He got them at a dealership in Waynesboro VA.

Mike

Two Brothers

I went on the RoadRunner Magazine weekend ride week before last. One of the guys on a '10 Kawasaki Concours had just put a new set of PR3s on his bike that week. He got them at a dealership in Waynesboro VA.

Mike
Plenty of 120/70ZR17's just no 18" tires available yet.

Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #

Actually, if you look in the 2011 Michelin Fittment guide it lists both the PR2 & PR3 for the ST1300. But I noticed there is no 'B' version available in the 170/60ZR17 sizing....

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/pubs/fitment2011.pdf

Brian

Bike
'04 ST ABS
STOC #
PR3 fronts seem to have touched ground in North America. Having fallen prey to the "In-Stock" listing online, I ordered from SomeoneElse(tm). But, after being backordered since May, I finally have a tracking number. Front wheel Pilot Road 3 due to arrive tomorrow.

Two Brothers

I have a few coming in also. Only probelm it looks like the rears are now out of stock. I have some rears though.

Looks like mine will be here Friday.

Bike
'01 ST11
Will the PR3s fit the ST1100 rear. It looks like there is a 160/60ZR17 listed on there web site. Would the difference in aspect ratio cause any problems? Is anyone using them on their 1100?

Bike
ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Just put on a set of PR3's from I 90 Powersports in Issaquah WA. $400 installed. Replaced my stock Dunlop 220's. All I can say is WOW! Only have 500 miles on the tires so far but the ride and handling is supurb. Can wait to test them in the wet.

Bike
2005 BMW RT
Just put on a set of PR3's from I 90 Powersports in Issaquah WA. $400 installed. Replaced my stock Dunlop 220's. All I can say is WOW! Only have 500 miles on the tires so far but the ride and handling is supurb. Can wait to test them in the wet.
My wife and I just rode to Redmond, We spent 2 weeks with our daughter and family, No rain when we were there but you will get your wish soon enough to ride in the wet.

Bike
ST1300
After waiting almost a year, I finally put on a Michelin PR 3 front tire yesterday. The PR2 front tire that it replace was 15 months and 32,000 miles old and still had a few miles left in it. Michelin is making awesome tires.

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
I just put a set of PR3's on my ST13. I've run 2 sets of the PR2, getting around 10-12K on the rears and still had many miles on the front, but I like to replace both at the same time.
I've heard nothing but good things about the PR3. I have a 2500 mile trip coming up next week - should be able to report on them after that.

Top Bottom