ST1100 tank bags?

Don-STOC237

STealer
Bike
Suzuki GSX1250FA-ST
STOC #
Chase-Harper have been favorites among the ST1100 crowd for many years, the 1150 or for a smaller footprint, the compac 750.

Both have four point strap mountings that work well with the ST1100's four built-in mounting points, or you can also use either with a three-point mount. I'm also a fan of the Cortech tank bags, both those and the Chase-Harpers give good value for the money.

Bike
Vstrom 650
Chase-Harper have been favorites among the ST1100 crowd for many years, the 1150 or for a smaller footprint, the compac 750.

Both have four point strap mountings that work well with the ST1100's four built-in mounting points, or you can also use either with a three-point mount. I'm also a fan of the Cortech tank bags, both those and the Chase-Harpers give good value for the money.
Thanks, those bags are only available in the USA I think though, the only option I see over here are bagster, I have the bagster fitted at the minute,very practical but it's ugly on the bike,I'll only use it 2up,bit of a hassle removing the cover though if you were going from solo to 2up alot.

I bought a touratech tank bag, but this applies to any bag/1100 combination. My attachment straps are two going forward (assuming they are ment to attach around the triple T) and a single running straight back..... all are .75" wide. I changed the two foward attachment ends for vinyl coated, steel auto gutter hooks-they hook onto the leading edge of the the tank cover- once adjusted they never need adjustment again. And the single aft strap I changed to a quick release fitting, and from that a strap runs down and hooks onto the seat attachment post(a simple key ring..about .7dia- slipps over the post and still allows the seat to use the same post) because of the bags size the bag covers the gas fill cover...when fiddling with that, I undo the quick disconnect and flop the bag to one side, to allow access the door. When done I reconnect the disco and retention the one strap. My tank bag is a monster double decker thing. yeah, over bought! I have never used the second story since it obscures the instrument cluster, but the first is big and low enought to be very useful. All hardware is from a local camping supply store, except for the gutter hooks-theses I got on line, but if I was motivated, I think I could find 'em locally too

Last edited:
Bike
Vstrom 650
Thinking of sticking these rare earth magnets from ebay 370639762885 to the underside of the fake plastic tank,I wonder if they are strong enough? I already have the oxford first time magnetic tank bag expandable to 38 litres.
I tried the bagster set up,did the job fine,slid about a bit though and was a bit awkward refuelling.the magnetic option might work easier provided I get strong enough magnets.

Top Bottom