PR 2's

Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
I got some new shoes mounted on the STeed yesterday. Its the first set of P R 2"S the bike has seen. I m looking forward to knocking the new off, so I can see how they really feel and perform.

Bike
BMW K1600 GTL
STOC #
I put a pair on for the first time 4 wks ago. Smoothest tires I have ever had. After 34000 mi. I wonder now why I wasted my time on Avon Storms. I did have a pair of Pilot Roads the first version but had a bad exp. But so far the PR2s have been great. Very nice but I still need some time on them to get more of the newness scrubbed off of them. Enjoy

Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
put a PR2 on the front about a month or so ago...love it! Just ordered the rear PR2 today (it was time finally). It'll be nice to have the back and front be new (and the same again). They are replacing the stock dunlop D220s...got 9500 out of the D220 front and 10500 out of the back. I think the PR2s will do a little better (but just a prediction at this point).

ak85lp

(Paul)
Bike
2018 VStrom 1000XA
I had a couple of sets of PR2 then I switched to a Metzler. Nothing wrong with that front tire but it howls like a wolf on corners. PR2 is a much better tire for me and if this one wears well I likely won't switch to anything else.

I just wish they made a rear tire for my 1100 in my size and I would have a set all around.

Bike
ST1300A
Yup, just put a PR2 on the front 2 weeks ago (replaced a PR1). So now I have PR2's on front and back and they seem great. They are very predictable and well planted on the road.

I did a week long trip last week in New England and one day it poured rain for the entire day. We were in New Hamspire and the tires performed very well. As the day wore on my confidence in the tires grew and I became very comfortable with them, even in such a heavy rain.

The PR3's worry me a bit with some of the recent reports of problems, so I'm glad I selected PR2's when it was time for a replacement.

Top Bottom