brake upgrade brembo front calipers from a ntv deville?

hi guys has anyone ever fitted the brembo front calipers from a ntv deville to the st as they look the same have same forks and disc and look great my bike is a non abs 1991

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Re: brake upgradebrembo front calipers from a ntv deville?

If the bolt pattern is the same then the next measure would be the depth that the rotor goes into the caliper (unless you are swapping the entire front end). For instance, the ST1100 ABSII rotors are smaller than the ST1100 standard rotors, so the calipers are not interchangeable (besides the caliper bolt patterns also are different and a few other items). And you would need to check the side to side dimension although there is a little 'play' in the ST1100 calipers. Also check the brake line fitting to see if you have a match at either end or you will have to get special brake lines made up (Unless you plan in swapping the master cylinder also).

Bike
92 ST1100

Why?......other than looks. Honda still has the best front braking ability on the market, and that includes the dirt and moto-x bikes. But, that's just from a 30+ yr. moto-veteren. '04 quit while still a winner and never got hurt. Doin both street and dirt, street was less taxing on body, plus don't miss the training.

Sixstring

Mad English modifier of bikes!

True...looks DO play a part in this, but intend to swap for more "feel" too. I have a yr2000 non -abs panny, and am looking for a direct caliper-to-caliper swap with no mods. The Deauville ones APPEAR to do the job, but will trial fit them and see. When /if I do this, must recon all seals, pistons if needed etc, and go to DOT 5 fluid, and MAY even de-link the braking system too.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles

Why?......other than looks. Honda still has the best front braking ability on the market,
The NT is a Honda.. hey, you never know 'til you try... good to have options.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #

Why?......other than looks. Honda still has the best front braking ability on the market, and that includes the dirt and moto-x bikes. But, that's just from a 30+ yr. moto-veteren. '04 quit while still a winner and never got hurt. Doin both street and dirt, street was less taxing on body, plus don't miss the training.
You're living in the past. Brembo brakes are a step above anything else on a dirt bike.

Bike
92 ST1100

You're living in the past. Brembo brakes are a step above anything else on a dirt bike.
No offense intended folks.........Throttlejockey, sorry you didn't get the FULL implication of my statement. Dirt bikes was just ONE aspect of what I was implying. Still stand by the fact that Honda still has the best STOCK front brake system, and for FWIW, patents that keep others from copying on the front brake system. Living in the past assumption?....twasn't a good choice on your part.;)

Bike
92 ST1100
Actually, keeping in good humor of a fellow STeed rider, float that ST out this way some time for some unsurpassed 10-14,000ft. scenic, mountain fresh-air riding. Be more than happy to share the awesomeness with you.:D

Sixstring

OK fellers, UK bike, ex-Royal Protection Squad, forks changed at some point, different exhaust system, k+n filter, upjetted, evidence of linked brakes, WELL mucked around electrics, FAR faster than a panny should be, and lots of "farkles" done for radio and lighting........

Hmmm..........a "special" maybe???

Bike
92 ST1100
OK fellers, UK bike, ex-Royal Protection Squad, forks changed at some point, different exhaust system, k+n filter, upjetted, evidence of linked brakes, WELL mucked around electrics, FAR faster than a panny should be, and lots of "farkles" done for radio and lighting........

Hmmm..........a "special" maybe???
lol....not likely as Yammy owns that term with the XS series and worlds first, quickest 1.1liter muscle bike.:D

Sixstring

Making a total hash of this, my iPhone wont do what I want and post piccies....Grrrr.

Have finally "fixed" the problem (sort of....) Brakes are DEFINATELY 2 pot calipers, DEFINATELY linked, non-ABS, and crap. HOWEVER....

NEW discs, rebuilt calipers, sintered pads. total bleed of system with Dot5, braided lines, and a shed-load of patience have resulted in a bike that stops 100% better than it did, but still not as good as I want it too.

Can I thank everybody who helped with advice and Im sure now I'm going to do a front fork and 6 pot swap when I can find a suitable set of forks. Hmmm.....upside downies on a ST1100.......I wonder.....

Sixstring

Fellers, it was an ex-police model and had been "modded" (i.e mucked around with) by them. Delinked and braided individual hoses now and new forks back to original spec. But it WAS cheap to buy..........:)

Top Bottom