anyone running Pirelli Angel STs

Hello:
I am in need of new tires for my St1300 and have been suggested the Pirelli Angel St.
Any comments/concerns? Priced about $365 for the pair, not installed. Damn, MC tires are expensive up in the great white north.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
No experience with Pirellis but can recommend Michelin PR 2s. Try Two Brothers Tires now Keel Brothers tires in GA. Don't know if they ship to Canada but thier shipping and prices are great in the lower 48.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I don't think Pirelli makes the tire in a 18" front for the ST1300 so the Angel's have never really made the short list of tires people try on this bike.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
I don't think Pirelli makes the tire in a 18" front for the ST1300 so the Angel's have never really made the short list of tires people try on this bike.
Same problem as the Diablo Stradas they made a rear in the right size but no front.

Bike
ST 1300 A 2005
You will be very Happy with the Michelin PR2 or PR3. On my third set here in Alberta. Very easy commencement to turns and the wear is acceptable. Dont think turning is such a big deal in Saskatchewan, but you might meet up with a corner someday. Any shop that deals with PartsCanada will be able to get them in the correct sizes

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I have a couple thousand miles or so on a set... really like them so far... real sticky in the dry, rode a bit in the rain (down pour), seemed pretty decent. Like them much more than PR2's.

Bike
ST
Tim

I had a Pirelli on the rear last year. It rode pretty good, but only gave me 8000 miles of service.
( The worst milage of the six or seven rear tires I have had on my ST)

My advice for what it is worth, is to stay away from this brand unless you get a really good buy.
I paid $99 for my Pirelli so it was worth the money at that price.

Paul

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
+1 on the price for the Angels ST's if you can get them cheap... I got a full set for $229 to my door, so that was a no brainer for me.

If I get 6k miles out of them, I'll be very happy! This, considering I get 7-10k miles out of other brands for prices above $300 a set.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
I'm on my second rear Angel on the VFR. They have worked well for me & I will mount up a front tomorrow.

You couldn't pay me enough to run PR2s, but that's just me.

OP
OP
Thanks everyone, except RAMohr (just kidding). We do so have curves in our roads in Saskatchewan. No wait, it was in Alberta. :pie1::pie1::pie1::pie1:. Saskatchewan must have the most boring roads anywhere. I think if I was only to every drive in Saskatchewan I would go to the dark-side. No need for sidewall traction/grip. Just a nice big flat tread. Maybe wide enough that when you get tired you can just stop and not need to put your feet down even.
Again thanks to everyone. I will be getting the tires today and will see how I like them.

Top Bottom