Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troll-SToc IV, 2012 (S.W. Michigan)

Bike
    None
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Troll-SToc IV, 2012 (S.W. Michigan)

Unbelievable!

TROLL-STOC IV
    July 19-22, 2012

AND: IT'S ON AGAIN!
    - - > RSVP Here < - -

Where:
    South West Michigan
    Fullers Resort
    and
    Campground
    Buchanan Mi. 49107

http://www.fullersresort.com/
    Why? Because we can!

Edit 07/14/12:
    For Thursday evening, my lovely wife Cindy is planning a crock pot "Ground Beef Goulash" with some bread for dinner. This way there will be something hot for late comers.
    For Friday morning, we are cooking an egg mess (scrambled eggs, sausage, potato and cheese).
    Friday evening, I am planning to be at the Diesel Diner for dinner at
    6:00pm (time bumped back an hour). All you can eat fried fish that night and the pie is awesome!
    Saturday 9:00Am breakfast (an RTE) at the Maple Cafe in Edwardsburg Michigan.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&cid=17106893470927829373&q=Maple+Cafe &iwloc=A&gl=US&hl=en
    No specific time but would be a great place to ride from. Anyone wanting to join us there, call me ahead of time Friday at 269-268-3496 for specifics.
    Saturday evening we will target Wheatberry Restaurant and Tavern at 6:00pm. http://wheatberrytavern.com/

All plans are tentative and subject to change, those that would like to do something else are welcome to do so.
    There are a couple of people who may be here to lead rides on Friday and Saturday but other obligations may prevent an all day ride for them.

Edit 07/05/12: I have officially reserved site # 161 at the resort. I will be checking in and setting up at 4:00PM Thursday afternoon.

Being this is my 4th SToc event, this will continue to be informal. I'll try to put a couple rides together but that will depend upon RSVP's to the event. We have some very nice riding here. For example, the Great lakes Circle tour and plenty of other riding to many interesting destinations or just to put more sites into our heads...! Anyone that's willing to help with the rides, it would be very appreciated!! Also, we are only 20-30 minutes from Lake Michigan where your can take a leisurely ride up the Blue Star Hwy or further to enjoy the coastline and find plenty of fantastic eateries to try!

Friday and Saturday night (depending on feed-back) I'll find us a great place to have dinner!

As an added bonus for this coming event, I should have a few door prizes as well. Longest and shortest distance, tallest or shortest rider...who knows but something fun!

I've spoken to the owners of the camp ground and they are willing to bend the "# of tents per site" rules for us to help keep the cost down, so long as we don't go nuts with it. If there are enough folks that would rather Hotel/Motel it I'll see what I can do in that respect as well. There are any number of them with in 20 +/- miles or so of the camp grounds.

It will be important to keep in mind that I'm leaving reservations up to you. If you are staying @ the resort, Mention that you are with the ST-Owners group and they will do their best to group us together!! Hopefully your sites will be close by as I requested from the Camp Ground but there are no Guarantees if the Grounds begin to fill up... Also, regarding hotel/motel accommodations, reservation here will also be up to you but I'll try to reserve a block of rooms if I can. Again, establishing a base hotel/motel can be done and gladly so but will depend on the # of requests for that sort of accommodations.

A few of the local attractions for those that may be interested:
    1) The College Football Hall of Fame: http://www.collegefootball.org/
    2) The Studebaker National Museum: http://www.studebakermuseum.org/ (They are featuring a "Harley-Davidson: Building a Legend" exhibit which should be very cool! http://www.studebakermuseum.org/exhi...d=715746684616 )
    3) Lots of local Vineyards, The Round Barn being our favorite: http://www.roundbarnwinery.com/
    4) Warren Dunes State Park: http://www.michigandnr.com/ParksandT...=504&type=SPRK
    5) Silver Beach in St. Joseph Mi. and the historic down town area!
    6) For those that are History buffs we have the Pears Mill right here in Buchanan Mi. http://www.buchanan.mi.us/pointsofinterest.htm
    7) We can also ride a small portion of the Trail of Tears that the Indians actually traveled on their historic forced trek south so many years ago!

Anyhoo, all the feed back I can get the better.
    Last year was a great time and this year should be even better. (Maybe I'll even remember to aquire the ST-Owners banner for us to sign this time. LOL!)

So...there it is, plan your calander and come join us!

› Site Search for: Troll-SToc IV, 2012 (S.W. Michigan)
    Last edited by Tom B.; 07-20-2012 at 09:44 PM.
    Tom From Michiana! 2003

Bike
    BMW R1100S
    My Gallery

Re: Troll-SToc IV, 2012 (S.W. Michigan)

Sounds interesting.......

I wonder if my wife will let me ride that far unsupervised???

Bike
    2007 ST1300A
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

This is on the weekend before my birthday and is within striking distance. Maybe a trip around Lake Michigan will include a drop into Troll-STOC.

Curt

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    None
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Unbelievable! :Hat4:

@ Rick...thought I'd responded way back when you posted. I must not have clicked to post my response...sounds like me huh! C'mon out and join us at your leisure!
    @ Curt...I'll make sure the Waffle Iron makes it to the Campground!! Hope you can make it too!!!
    Last edited by Tom B.; 06-25-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Bike
    2004 ST1300
    2014 Miles

My SPOT
    My Gallery

I'm gonna try to make this one, as long as I don't have to work Saturday. They can't make me...errr ya they can . Hope to see you Friday sometime.

Dennis

My Gallery

I'll probably stop by on Friday evening before work, and on Saturday (noon or so) after work and a nap.
    Joe Menting
    Semper Fi

(Threadstarter)
    Bike
    None
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

Unbelievable!

Looks like Troll_SToc is beginning to shape up! I have an exciting prize on the way! When shows up and if it is whole, someone is going to be thrilled!!!

@ LostDutchman, Joe! Looking forward to your company again this year! Troll_SToc wouldn't be as much fun with out you! I completely enjoyed riding with you!!

That said, I'm looking for a little help with routes again this year. As usual, my pleasure riding fund has been pretty empty this year so I haven't looked for any good rides yet. If anyone has any routes they'd like to share, please feel free to pitch in or let us know that you may be willing to lead a group somewhere.

Thanks to everyone!!!
    Last edited by Tom B.; 06-25-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Bike
    BMW R1100S
    My Gallery

Tom, I will help with a route or two but be warned, it WILL include ice cream!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drool.gif 
Views:	192 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	120330
    Last edited by ricky racer; 06-26-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Bike
    BMW R1100S
    My Gallery

I took a little pre-run around one of the routes that I plan on running during Troll -STOC if anyone should be interested. I wanted to see what things looked like and check the road conditions. Below are a couple of pictures I took along the way. Oh yeah, please pay no attention the the off brand motorcycle. No, it's not an ST.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2433_edited.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	120588

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM2437_edited.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	120589

Ken Zook
    Bike
    05 ST1300
    Tip Overs
    My Gallery

I'll be there Thursday on the way from NatSTOC. I was there for a few hours in 2010, don't remember what day but nobody had shown up yet. This tme I'll be camping. It looked like a really nice campground.

+ New Posts
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast