l84toff

Riding 2up around the world
Bike
Tiger Explorer 1200
The newest addition to our STable.
New Addition .jpg

And her eventual new rider of course.
First ride on the Wee.jpg

This will be my wife's bike as of the spring after she gets her license. She is super excited let me tell you.

She's a 2k7 Wee with about 35K and we're both very excited to have her in the garage...and on the road. We just brought her home on Tue and I've had the opportunity to burn off a tank so far, took her to work yesterday even. First impressions: I'm always looking for that 6th gear on the ST so the Wee has filled that need apparently. It's crazy light! It's a little deceiving because it's so tall yet so light.

On the highway it feels great if a little underpowered but I think I only feel that way coming from the ST, it's not slow by any means. It's seems to go through dirty air when passing trucks a lot better than the ST. The ST has always felt a little squirrley or snakey when passing LG vehicles, not sure how else to describe it. I'm totally used to it now so I'm not as bothered by it but I noticed right away how much the Wee tracks straight during those passes. And considering how small that screen is, it does a great job.

It's a little vibey in certain RPM's especially when I had my feet on the highway pegs. The one thing that surprises me the most is how high the pegs are; I almost feel like I'm on a sports bike. I do have the ST pegs lowered a bit but I think even the stock ones are lower than these. Wife says she thinks they are perfect, so I can't argue with that. It shifts like butter I have to say, very light shifts compared to the ST. About the only thing that has to go is the seat, I find it quite uncomfortable. We'll see what the wife says after a few 000 or 0000 miles.

Upcoming farkles: ordering lowering links today. Wife can only tippy toe at the moment and I want her to be able to flat foot her first bike. I imagine the seats will get swapped for a RDL next year but we'll see.

Ultimately my ST will be replaced by the Wee as we want to do some LD touring together and I think I'd like us to have the same bike. I would love for both of us to have the ST but there's some off-roading in that future and I really don't think the ST would be the right bike, as much as I love it.

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Well that's pretty cool. Congrats to the new rider.

Maybe see you down the road sometime soon. we're neighbours ... ;-)

Bike
FJR & Super Tenere
STOC #
Hey thought I recognized that handle ... I'm glad the SSs are working out -- I like the FJR thx ... Looks like we've got about the same number of miles this year so I've been out a bit on it, although not much in the last month :shrug2: ... lotsa family stuff.

If you're available think about attending the monthly Ontario RTE ... I missed Sept event but may make Oct (Collingwood area - on the 1st is the talk at the moment)

Cheers,

OP
OP
l84toff

l84toff

Riding 2up around the world
Bike
Tiger Explorer 1200
The links came in, now just got to put them on.

So almost a month later and I have to say how much more I appreciate the ST now. It's super smooth, very comfy and feels like it has rockets attached to it compared to the Wee. The more I ride them both the more I realize how different the bikes really are. The Wee inspires me to head off on an adventure, paved road, dirt roads, whatever. The ST is perfect for eating up paved miles cross country and ripping up the twisties in between.

I will add that the Wee is getting me about 10 more miles to the gallon with the same style of riding and a range that's not too far off the ST.

Top Bottom