Cruise Control / Throttle Lock Options

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
Since my original post I now have the NT700V and have fitted the adjustable go-cruise, which once adjusted and adapted to, I find works well for me....

However, if it gets wet, even at full tightness it can slip....

I bought this directly from a supplier in the USA as I could get it around $15 cheaper including paying for the postage from the USA..... so all in around ?30 instead of ?40 over here.....

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
I bought a ST1300 with a MC Cruise control already installed. It is my first experience with cruise on a motorcycle. Mine really works good looks like it takes up all the free space there is though. They are cashie but cruise rocks.

Bike
2020 Africa Twin DCT
I mounted my Vista Cruise in a way that has worked really well for me. The lever ends up under the throttle at about 7 o'clock, which is almost hidden but easily flicked on with thumb and released with the forefinger when rolling off the throttle. Also there is no drilling or fasteners required. Just taper the dogear to fit into the natural notch (see photo), and epoxy that half of the circle onto the throttle housing. It will come off if you need it to later, and there is no risk of damaging anything with screws.

Attachments

Last edited:

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I've got the Go-Cruise but I like the idea of the "permanence" of the Vista Cruise. I've had one on three of my bikes in the past.

What's the purpose of the epoxy? To keep it from wiggling around? Careful shaping of the tap would seem to be enough. I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for the detailed pics!

Sharing my install of the Vista Cruise (throttle lock). I have had throttle locks on my other bikes and for the $20 investment can't be beat. I tried "svrdhd" install and had the lock hitting the tank and unable to complete full right bar lock. With one tang already removed, I moved the Vista Cruise to a clock position to clear the tank and found the remaining tang rested on the outside edge of the throttle cable and with a long thin bolt threaded it into the flange to rest on a square edge of the throttle housing underside. Very pleased with its position for a quick thumb flip to engage/disengage. Only minor drawback is you must reach your thumb over the lock to hit the starter, but easily done yet. Photos from my grip change this weekend, very pleased with the install and used for several months.

Oh yes I modified the 7/8 to a 1" as others have. Dremel and a socket wrapped with sand paper for a true round opening.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
04 ST1300A
Hi all,

I recently upgraded my grips to the Kuryakyn ISO 6341 grips. I bought the 7CP02 Brakeaway Cruise control thinking it would fit, but it does even fit on the bottom of the grip let alone go over the rubber bumpers. Has anyone installed the brakeaway with the ISO grips and if so, what part/model number did you use. Thanks, Dave

Top Bottom