Video placing ST1300 on centerstand

Might not be the right way but I always put it on the center stand and park in such a way that I can just hop on, put it in gear, rock it forward and when it hits the ground I'm gone. Works for me.

Bike
06 ST1300
Using your heel might be safer. If you use your forefoot it places all the force on the Achilles and could be trouble. A fellow rider i know tore his doing this on a goldwing.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Using your heel might be safer. If you use your forefoot it places all the force on the Achilles and could be trouble. A fellow rider i know tore his doing this on a goldwing.
Thank you for the suggestion. I found there is not sufficient clearance between my Goldwing's exhaust pipe and the centerstand pedal to slip my foot (in a shoe, much less a boot) and get the heel on top of the pedal so I tried turning my foot 90 degrees and using the heel. With the foot rotated 90 degrees to the hip I couldn't use the strength of my upper leg to extend the leg plus the rotated knee seemed poised for a twisting injury.

Bike
R1200rt
We need to get Mondos opinion on this one. I believe he broke or tore his ankle center standing his 1300 with flip flops or something like that.

Top Bottom