Article [13] ST1300 - Setting rear shock rebound adj [VIDEO]

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I thought that this short video might illustrate how changes to the rebound adjustment screw affects how the rear shock works and how to find a starting point for your shock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Setting rear shock rebound adjustment

LOL.. tuck in shirt... ha!... except Dinkie's name is Jeff.. LOL.. even funnier.

Excellent video!.. I'm making this one an article.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Re: ST1300 - Video - Setting rear shock rebound adj

Thank you for taking the time to explain and show how the shock works with the different adjustments.

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800

Hey Bud, I mean Dave. We can always count on you for the minutia and I, for one, am happy to have you around. Your info vids are always welcome. I hope others will view your additional YouTube entries, especially your professionally shot video from Yellow Wolf at The Tail. Speaking of tail, it's nice to know people like me can keep people like you on your toes and prevent an otherwise embarrassing plumber moment.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #

I enjoyed your demonstration. First time I've actually seen what it does.

Tom

st1300doug

Thanx for sparing us all a "crack-attack!" Bahaaaa!!

Bike
st 1300 2006

good example and reminder !!

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Good info. How would one figure out the setting for riding with a passenger? Don't think the misses would volunteer to sit while I'm pushing on the bike like that.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bike
No bike
STOC #
Great video, very informative, I enjoyed some of your others as well. Thanks for sharing , and yes I realize how old this post is..... but the bike is new to me....

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Thanks for the video, I tried adjusting it as I had kept it on full hard this whole time. I did 1.5 or so turn less than full hard and noticed a big difference. Unfortunately, going hard through the corners it felt looser and less stable. So I put it to full hard again. I need to slowly adjust it again to see if I can find a sweet spot.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Bike
ST1300
Thanks for this, reminded me to check mine and a really easy to understand explanation without all of the techie speak you normally get from so called "experts".

Awesome, great way to cover the basics of adjusting rebound. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Ren

Jambriwal

2016 ST1300PA
Bike
2016 ST1300 PA
I thought that this short video might illustrate how changes to the rebound adjustment screw affects how the rear shock works and how to find a starting point for your shock.

Wow thanks for this video. This is my 2nd year on this bike and putting more miles on it. My lower back is shot but after experimenting with rebound adjustment gave me another reason to love this motorcycle.
That little V4 is so enjoyable and smooth and always willing to pull without complaint.

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
Just recently,,, I had a Race Tech 21.4kg spring (oem is 17kg) installed on my least used oem shock (35k km's). This was on my 2012 ST13, ThunderSTruck, which I use mostly for solo longer rides. I found that I was running the preloader at max,,, all the time, whether loaded or empty. Now that I have about %24 more spring in there,,, I can ride empty with no preload. And,, can add preload for fuller bags,, and/or a passenger. I am 172lbs,,, and so far,, the 21.4kg spring seems appropriate. The still stock shock,, seems to be able to handle this much spring,, although I am getting up quite high in it's dampening range. Anyway,, so far so good. I have not found the need for a gold valve upgrade as yet. Both ends of the bike have responded well to more spring and less dampening. A fresh set of hwm/gt tires and some final adjustments to the rear dampening will be completed by mid-July. Cheers,,, and thx to Dave D. for the video on dampening adjustment,,,, CAt'

new rear shock spring.jpg

Top Bottom