Duluth Fire Hose Work Pants

Bike
06 ST
I have purchased some of their items, T-shirts and work clothes. Very nice items, but pricey. Dave B. Denver

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I was surprised to see this topic. Particularly since I have two pairs of these pants. One normal, one with flannel lining. Since buying these, I've also been completely sold on the Duluth Trading "Ballroom" jeans. I have two pairs of those now too. Nothing flashy, but very comfortable.

Back to the firehose pants. Mine are three years old. They hold up really well. I still haven't seen any fraying and only a little fading. Oddly, the lined ones I have are sort of pinkish, where the un-lined ones are a true carmel/tan.

Unfortunately, these pants may hold up a little too well, actually. The firehose material has not broken in for me. Not a bit. With jeans, they will sort of "conform" to your butt after a few weeks of wear. This firehose material will not be anything other the the shape it was stitched in when it was first delivered. Also, the weave is a bit tighter than jean material. Less wind gets through, so they're a tad warmer than an equivalent pair of jeans. This actually makes them a bit nicer for riding around town than jeans.

So, all in all, I think they're a great pair of riding and work pants, but they do lack the "break in" that makes jeans great. For that, though, I buy the ballroom jeans, and those satisfy my need for comfy, tough jeans.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I've got a lot of their stuff and like it all. Interestingly, Aerostich lost their illustrator to Duluth Trading (just down the road).
Aerostich is in Duluth. I think Duluth Trading is somewhere in Wisconsin. That said, I love the illustrations in the catalogs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmcleane

Dave Elliott
Bike
2014 Super Tenere
STOC #
Aerostich is in Duluth. I think Duluth Trading is somewhere in Wisconsin. That said, I love the illustrations in the catalogs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe they are still right up the road from one another. State line is a minor detail in that neighborhood. I could be wrong, have been before, but anyway ...... :D

Bike
2003 ST1300
I believe they are still right up the road from one another. State line is a minor detail in that neighborhood. I could be wrong, have been before, but anyway ...... :D
Started in Duluth, then they moved to Belleville, WI, south of Madison.

Be interesting to see a "drag behind truck" test with those pants - I'd bet they hold up as well or better than textiles..

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
Semantics. I guess it's not really important for discussion of these trousers. :eek::

Be interesting to see a "drag behind truck" test with those pants - I'd bet they hold up as well or better than textiles..
Volunteering?

Jammaman

R.I.P. - 2022/02/02
Rest In Peace
Mark, when not in my lounging pants, myself and the boy's reside in Diamond Gusset brand, made in GA using US grown cotton....as the old joke goes; "What's the difference between a grand hotel and an economy motel"...simple, no ballroom...that's just not the case in good ole DG american grown and made jeans....mfg's in all sizes and lengths.

See ya on the road, my friend.

Doug / AG5I

Top Bottom