Article [13] ST1300 - Brake Bleed Procedure [VIDEO]

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
One thing that I do before any brake bleed of the ST is to get a feeling for how the brake pull and pedal push is before I start so I know about how it should feel when I am done. It should be about 2.5" from the center of the handle. This picture is pulling back on the front brake lever until I feel firm resistance.
With my aging eyes, I can't tell what number on the wheel your at etc.
But with the wheel set to position #1, you should only get 3/4 of an inch movement before the lever is solid and unable to be pulled in further.
I just measured mine, and another bike I just flushed the brakes on, and using your measurement method (mid-lever to the edge of the grip) I'm getting 2 3/4 inches instead of 2.
Of course your lever could be adjusted differently, or your pads could be worn down etc.

Bike
2007 ST1300
With my aging eyes, I can't tell what number on the wheel your at etc.
But with the wheel set to position #1, you should only get 3/4 of an inch movement before the lever is solid and unable to be pulled in further.
I just measured mine, and another bike I just flushed the brakes on, and using your measurement method (mid-lever to the edge of the grip) I'm getting 2 3/4 inches instead of 2.
Of course your lever could be adjusted differently, or your pads could be worn down etc.
Aahhhhhhh good point - my lever is on 5 ( closest set in) here is another with it set on ,1,.

Attachments

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
It’s safer to keep the lever out away from the grip on the first position because it allows you more control, and you won’t trap your fingers on the throttle in a panic stop etc.
Your lever looks good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom