Russell Day-Long 1 Month Later

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
It came in last week. Here is a picture.
Untitled by jspringator, on Flickr

No problems touching the ground with my M-Star boots and one inch insole. The seat is so much higher the windshield may be too low. I rode it today and it s so windy I couldn't really tell.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
It came in last week. Here is a picture.
Untitled by jspringator, on Flickr

No problems touching the ground with my M-Star boots and one inch insole. The seat is so much higher the windshield may be too low. I rode it today and it s so windy I couldn't really tell.
Windscreen was too low. I have a stock shield with a Laminar Lip. I attempted to adjust the lip up on last Sundays trip and it ended up blowing off on the interstate. I ordered a large Clearview. It is 4 inches wider and 4 inches taller than stock, and has the adjustable vent. I think that will be enough. If it isn't I can always get another lip or something like it.

It was so much more comfortable I extended my ride another couple of miles. With the Helibars, MCL highway wings, the Clearview screen and this seat, I have a very comfortable machine on my hands.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I spent $150 I think to get my stock seat Spencerized and I can easily do 1000 mile days AND nearly flatfoot with a 30" inseam.

Bike
07 ST1300A(P)
STOC #
I miss the RDL on my last '13, and the wife misses the RDL pillion seat. I may have to start saving pennies. But, having a short inseam, I'll ask if they can do something about that. That was my concern with the last one, I eventually adapted, but a 30" inseam doesn't give me much room when I stop. Right now I'm fussing with my corbin, I can't get a comfortable position without it pushing me into the tank. I got this one used, and looking at it, I think I have to unbolt the rear mounts to move them, this should allow me to keep the front elevated a bit. Right now I get it just right, hit a bump, and the whole seat drops down in the front, and up against the tank I go.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I would like mine shorter too. Russell said to take photos and they would speak to the installer to see if it could be lowered any. I'm afraid they will make it less comfortable. I think I'll just live with it.

Last edited:
Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
Almost dropped last weekend, so I sent it back for an adjustment. They said they could lower the entire seat 3/4 to 1", and trim the wings for better ground reach. They should get it Tuesday, and hopefully I should have it within a week and 1/2 after that.

Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
It made a huge difference. Feels like a different bike. Lets see how comfy the seat is after being in the saddle 9 hours.

Russell was incredible to work with. They worked me in for the adjustment because I had a ride coming up.

Top Bottom