FL- Southern: Tag

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
Since there has never been a Southern Florida Tag, I'll start one.

I have read all of the Tag posts in Northern FL, Central FL, and Western FL Tag threads, the lines between sections seem to be:
Northern - SR 40 and North
Central - SR40 and SR 70
Southern - SR 70 and South to Key West

For the life of me, I cannot figure where the "Western" boundry might be between Northern and Western, or why there even is one. With the above lines, (already delineated from previous posts/discussions), all three sections are fairly equal in size. I'll leave it up to you Northern/Western people to decide where that boundry is, or if there should even be one.

Below is the new FL: Southern Tag

This was as close as I could get to it, but should be very, very easy for anyone living in south or central Florida.

Attachments

OP
OP
stgolfer
Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
Re: FL: Southern Tag

No, you need to read the Tag rules. You ride your bike to the location and take the same/similar picture with YOUR bike in it. Then take another picture at a new location, (with your bike in it), to create a new tag for others to find. Just a good excuse to go out and ride.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #

OK, I found the thread and have it marked. I read there were "great places" for pie close by, but not if the pie was any good or not. Where would the closest "great" pie be?

Shuey

;)

OP
OP
stgolfer
Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT

Fantastic Pizza and cheesecake about 5 miles south of there, where my son works. Also, the best apple pie with brown sugar crumb topping about 1/2 mile from there, if it's still in business.

I'll do a little research for more and better. Call me when you get close and I'll meet you.

flip-flop

I do not consent to a search...
Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Re: FL- Southern: Tag (2011)

too bad I'm at work-- that's just a few miles from the house.....

OP
OP
stgolfer
Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
Jim -

Only the North side of Port Mayaka is open and I believe your pic is from the south side. Canal Point access is closed. Access at the airport is closed. Paul Rarden Park boat ramp is open, but I know that isn't it. It's closed through Pahokee all the way through to Belle Glade.

Will this suffice? If so, I tagged a new site on my way home that'll be easy for you.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
Super Tenere
Your tag is correct. It's the north side of the waterway at Port Mayaca.
I just passed by your tag this afternoon but lets see if someone else want to play. -JEP-

OP
OP
stgolfer
Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I just passed by your tag this afternoon but lets see if someone else want to play. -JEP-
It was such a nice day for a ride, I couldn't resist. Lots of bikes on the Port Mayaka dike. One C14 Concours, a couple of Honda cruisers and lots of Harlys. Pretty much the only access to view the lake for a while, until they finish rebuilding the dike, or run out of money.

I figured I'd keep the tag simple and easy, yet not make it a total and complete giveaway. We need some other players! But if not, we'll just keep getting each others.

OP
OP
stgolfer
Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
I'll give that one a week or so, too. It would be great to get a few more people playing. Maybe I'll put it in Naples or something. I did get the Central FL tag yesterday, though.

Bike
Super Tenere
I'll give that one a week or so, too. It would be great to get a few more people playing. Maybe I'll put it in Naples or something. I did get the Central FL tag yesterday, though.
Send me a PM when you (or whoever) picks up this tag. I'll meet you for lunch or breakfast as I'm just a few miles from this tag. -JEP-

Top Bottom