Sidecar on a ST

The Cheese

A friend of mine with an 01 has a Hannigan sidecar. Nice rig. Even pulls a camping trailer. Some kind of folding hut house. Really nice setup. Not seen a 13 with one tho.

Brittany and Parker Colorado in summer time
Bike
ST 1100
STOC #
Went into the reserch of fittng a sidecar to my ST1100, got all the fittings and even got a sidecar, [now sold], i notice the bike on ebay has got the original forks tho. I invested in a "leading link " set up which i have still got and will use as and when i need to fit a sidecar to it. Reading what "the Experts" say, is what is the best form of steering. I was at the Isle Of Man TT races a couple of years ago and was talking to a guy with a British Watsonian rig with his ST1100 and sports chair, This guy made it go too, i rode behind him from Ramsey over the Mountain into Douglas and he was taking the corners as fast as i could manage solo, and at speed on the mountain mile it was suprisingly stable, altho he did say that it used quite a bit more gas to get this type of performance.

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
We passed a guy with a sidecar on a red ST1100 up in Northern, NH a few years back. either 2007 or '08. Years are blending together!

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
It is pretty cool...and with LOTS of luggage space it may be a good alternative to trailer camping with the significant other.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Man, if I had the $cratch I'd be on that! It would be a hoot to put Grandma Sharp in there and wheel her around a bit. And I could take Annette AND Breann to Moonshine....

But alas....I iz po!

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
Yeah, I get 38 MPG solo and when I pull bushtec trailer it drops me 4~5 MPG.

Top Bottom