Michelin PR3

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
OK, all ya'all, I finally have a report on my first PR3 front tire. It still had a few miles left before getting to the treadware indicators but not enough for another trip. Miles . . . 25,748.

It went on with a PR3 rear that got 15,129 miles. Put on a 2nd PR3 rear and it just came off after an unrepairable puncture at 10,619 miles with several thousand more miles of rubber still on it.

They stick to the road in dry or downpour as well or better than the PR2s and wear longer. It's my new tire of choice.

Shuey

Last edited:
Bike
2005 ST1300
Well, I've got a couple hundred miles on these PR3's, and I can't believe how much better the bike handles over the old Bridgestones that were on it. It is a way more confident ride, and the bike is much more predictable. They really dig in on turns, and you can almost hear them say "go ahead, we got this - gas it" :) You really don't have to lean the bike into a turn - just a mild suggestion, and it will do it.

Bike
2009 ST1300
Well you guys have convinced me to replace my Bridgestones with the PR3s. Although my front tire still have a lot of tread left, since it is the B020, I am assuming I need to replace both tires at once. So where is the best place to buy them online??

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Well you guys have convinced me to replace my Bridgestones with the PR3s. Although my front tire still have a lot of tread left, since it is the B020, I am assuming I need to replace both tires at once. So where is the best place to buy them online??
Some will run only one brand of tire and others like me will mix and match any brand.

Here is the best place to order your tires from http://www.twobrotherstires.com/

Well, I've got a couple hundred miles on these PR3's, and I can't believe how much better the bike handles over the old Bridgestones that were on it. It is a way more confident ride, and the bike is much more predictable. They really dig in on turns, and you can almost hear them say "go ahead, we got this - gas it" :) You really don't have to lean the bike into a turn - just a mild suggestion, and it will do it.
Coming from an old tire that was at the end of it's life to a new tire you will always get a much better ride. To say the PR3 is much better than what you had you would have to compare 2 new tires. The best tire I've put on my bike is the NEW tire right after I wore the old one out.

OK, all ya'all, I finally have a report on my first PR3 front tire. It still had a few miles left before getting to the treadware indicators but not enough for another trip. Miles . . . 25,748.

It went on with a PR3 rear that got 15,129 miles. Put on a 2nd PR3 rear and it just came off after an unrepairable puncture at 10,619 miles with several thousand more miles of rubber still on it.

They stick to the road in dry or downpour as well or better than the PR2s and wear longer. It's my new tire of choice.

Shuey
WOW. I can't imagine getting that much life out of a tire. Must be a lot of straight roads.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
I would recommend buying the PR3's from Bike Bandit if you are an AMA Member (10% discount). I just bought the pair for $271 shipped versus $299 from Two Brothers. I will be installing the tires within the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Take care,
Bob

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I would recommend buying the PR3's from Bike Bandit if you are an AMA Member (10% discount). I just bought the pair for $271 shipped versus $299 from Two Brothers. I will be installing the tires within the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Take care,
Bob
I'd recommend getting them from two bro's. I'll Gladly spend the extra $ to support a local small business than a large internet box store if given the chance. .
Their customer service is worth more than the money you think you'll save. .02

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Thanks for the feedback Shuey I'm due for new front err past due. PR2 up there which I like, we'll see how the 3 does. Be great to get more mileage and have the rain performance to. Besides Tim needs to pay for his vacation LOL.

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
I've owned my ST1300 for a year. Shortly after buying the bike, I put a set of PR2s on it. I maintained the tire pressures at 42 lbs. The rear went just over 12,000 miles. The front had more miles left, but I was soon going on an extended, multi-day trip, so I decided to replace both with PR3s. That was in mid-June, 2012. I have about 4,000 miles on them now. Even accounting for the "new tire feel" improvement, the PR3s felt more secure in the corners than the PRs, which were great too. I have had no negative experience with them. Obviously, it's too soon to tell the mileage I'll get from the PR3s. If I get the same as the PR2s, I'll be happy. They are a little more money, but the better handling on dry roads is obvious, PLUS the better wet road traction. These are the tires I will continue to use.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
Well new PR3's are on the ST and the 50 mile break-in is completed. They seem to ride much smoother than my old Bridgestones, but those tires were also 5 years old. I bought the bike new last year from a local Honda Dealer with only 30 miles on the ticker. I replaced the tires this year with 7400 miles on them, but figure I could have gone another 2k at least. The back tire was of course going first, but this is because I don't do 100% than straight line riding with the bike (big Mountain ride this year). The old tires were quite a bit stiffer than the new PR3's to be sure and I figure age had something to do with that.

Cannot wait to see how the PR3's do in the rain and on some twisties. Hopefully I get close to 10k on them, but time will certainly tell.

Take care all...Bob

Last edited:
Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I am just now replacing my second PR3 this year. I got 10K on the first. I didn't check the air pressure very often. Got 14K on the second. It's got no life left.

OP
OP
Bike
2k9 ST1300
Replace for PR3 last april. In may, did the Skyline, Blue Ridge and some roads around the Dragon wich I made 3 times. Over all, the tire did what suppose to do with eased specialy in Pennsylvania when we rode 400 miles under purring rain.

Repport,
2000 km single town commute,
3000 km loaded and two up ridden with agressivity (+ 2000 km of interstate loaded and two up to get to the fun zone and come back).

The read tire in near the wear bar, goog for a 1 000 to 1 500 km or so. total of 8 000 km or 5 000 miles for the rear one

The front one is good 1/2 worn.

Replacement in the garage and it is PR3...

PopJack

Die young, after a long life.
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I've got 4 or 5,000 miles on my PR3's. I like them fine on dry pavement- and they seem to be holding up well. Curiously, I have found them inferior to the PR2's in the rain. While the PR2's seemed well planted, these seem.... oily for lack of a better word. Admittedly, I've not ridden them a lot in the rain (hasn't rained much), but I would guess 700 or 800 miles on various highways.

I've always run 42/42 and check pressure religiously.

I am curious about any observations on why this might be.

Top Bottom