Oxford heated grips

joesmoe3

Happy Home
STOC #
I installed Oxford heated grips on my 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 after being disappointed with the OEM heated grips. I ride all year in northern Virginia, and LOVE the Oxford grips. I'm in the process of having a pair installed on my Triumph Rocket III Touring, again after being disappointed with a pair of Avon heated grips that on the highest setting could barely tell they were on.

This is yet another data point for most expensive not necessary best product.

I went ahead and ordered a set. I knew I should have left the tupperware off when I was putting in my new horn! Oh well, a little practice removing tupperware can't hurt I guess!

Bike
ST1300PA
I put a et of the Oxfords on last season...it was the best thing I ever did...I suffer from poor circulation in my hands...throttle side gets bad because I can't let go of the throttle to move my hand around while in motion (well, I can, but then I'm in neutral and coasting...anyway)...the heat helps a lot...later on I added a throttle lock, so I could let go and not lose speed..now I can ride for hours without issue.
Installing the grips took time, but wasn't difficult...no need to remove the tank or the fairing...lifted the tank and routed the wires...the kit comes with a bunch of wire ties to secure them to the frame and wiring harness.
The buttons are fine for me...I always ride with gloves and have never had an issue pressing them...as for the light...I don't really look at them while I ride...if my hands are too hot, I turn the grips down a setting...it my hands are cold I turn them up a setting...not an issue for me...
I would recommend these grips for anyone looking for a quality product, though I can only compare to the Honda brand...

Bike
2005 BMW RT
I will be installing the Oxford heated grips on the ST but which model (Sport, Touring, Adventure) fits the ST best?

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
I installed the sport on my 1100, I like them a lot. I made the mistake of cutting them down so I had a gap between the grip end and the bar end weights, easily solved with a rubber washer.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I fit the adventure ones on my ST1300. Like them a lot. I trimmed the throttle side, but probably didn't need to.

Here's the lengths from their website:
touring - 4.72"
sport - 4.84"
adventure - 5.19"
They can all be trimmed about 3/8" shorter.

Bike
ST1300, VT750C
The "outboard" end is just the rubber. I cut is with a razor knife but touched it to my stand sander to even it out since I cant cut straight worth a darn.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I wish I had noticed that the Adventure were the way to go. When I ordered my replacements a couple months ago I got what they said would fit the St1300. WRONG. I have a 1/4" gap on each end. When those wear out I'll try the Adventure.

Bike
ST1300, VT750C
I really like the Oxfords. They give good heat even with my grip puppies on them. I still use them occasionally this time of year in the mornings or at night or in the rain. Really makes a difference.

Top Bottom