Left Engine Guard -
Left Step - ebay being shipped
Left Header - ebay being shipped
Right Header - ebay being shipped
Left Valve Cover -
Left saddle Bag Lid -
Left Pocket Cover - Already have
Left Pocket Lid - Broken, but might be fixable
Rear Rim - Fixable (Anyone know of someone that straightens rims? That's good?)
Shifter -Bent - Have a new one
Upper Cowl Stay -
Upper Cowl - Have RED one, will paint
Upper Cowl Cover-

Gaskets for Headers & Mufflers - Ordered
Gaskets for Valve covers - Ordered

New Right Muffler - From Dana :D

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
So, now with the Smuggler sold, I can order a few more parts to get this thing closer to on the road! :woo

Mirror cover, mirror, upper cowl stay.... that will probabl wipe out what I got for the smuggler! :eek:4:
You got that much for that Smuggler? Damn...I stole mine off eBay last year for $270 shipped and it was in perfect condition, albeit the wrong color and I had to paint it.

Thanks to whoever posted the link to the ebay auction in the classified that day!

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
You got that much for that Smuggler? Damn...I stole mine off eBay last year for $270 shipped and it was in perfect condition, albeit the wrong color and I had to paint it.

Thanks to whoever posted the link to the ebay auction in the classified that day!
I had it listed here for $450 and on Craig'sList for $475. The day after posting it to Craig's List, I guy called and offered $375, he paid me $400 for it.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Awesome! I don't think anyone on here would have paid that much.
Yeah, you're probably right. But I put it on here to give any that may have wanted it a chance to get it, before putting it on Craig's List. My next step would have been ebay. ;)

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I don't mean it wasn't worth it. We're just a bunch of cheap s.o.b.'s:D
Yes we are! But that's why I had a back up plan...;)

I just had to get enough out of it so I could fix the bike...well, okay..fix the bike a little! :)

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Some of my parts (Headers, Step & center stand) came in yesterday, still waiting on the gaskets though. So I started taking more apart.

Removing the headers was a real pain, I didn't want to put it up on the old center stand and I couldn't remove the bent center stand without removing the headers. So I removed the headers from the engine, popped loose and removed the o2 sensors. At that point I could get to the center stand and removed it. With that out of the way I was able to drop the headers without much more effort.

With the headers out of the way, I started on the center stand. A snap right? Not if you put that little hook like thing backwards! :eek:: I had to remove it and remount it, this time with the hook in the right direction.

The shifter was a big pain too, I had to remove the oil filter for one thing. It was still a pain to get to, but I was able to get it off and replaced.

I was worried about the step, since the muffler took such a hit, I was afraid that the rear part of the frame connecting at the step was going to be bent, but all the holes lined up just fine! :D So it was probably the easiest part of all I was working on.

I set the left engine guard I have from my crash, but it is tweaked a little so I'm going to have to do some work on it. But later! :( I was too tired after that to do much more, but there is plenty to do. :D

I added some pictures to my last ones, they are here (same place as before):

Pics Added)

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
On the last picture it looks like the rear rim is slightly out of round or is this an illusion?

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
:hat3: It's ALIVE! :woo

Just finished up putting the headers and mufflers on, runs great. Needs oil changed, Coolant changed and the balance shafts adjusted and it will just mostly need cosmetics! :hat3:

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Byron came by today and we put new tires on my '05. Put the old rear tire off the '05 on a rear rim Byron is letting me borrow while the '04 rear rim gets straighten, remove the tire from the 04's rim and balanced the '05 new tires, and a extra front rim I just added rotors to a month ago.

Progress! Although Byron couldn't take the '04 for a spin due to weather, it has pretty much :rain1: on us the entire day.

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
So I bought two parts off ebay and got burned on both! :banghead:

First was for a upper cowl that the seller said the paint was really good...yeah, right! It had been Painted probably by a can and looks like c**p! :cus::cus:

Dear suprasabre,

I will try to get some pictures today. The paint is like new noscratches etc.
- oktom-b

Good paint..yeah!

The second was for a left engine guard. "In good condition" Since when is a BENT engine guard in good condition?

Bent is Good Condition

I've emailed them both and I will be leaving negative feed back if they don't do something to my liking! :rocket1:

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
I've felt your pain before. Everybody has their own standards for item description when it comes to eBay. In my experience when anything is described as in good condition that is the time to watch out. I always like to see and I always provide lots of pictures and a description of any possible flaws in the items I sell. I've never disappointed anyone yet.

I see in the listing for the cowl that his description was very short. How was the color match? Looks kind of light by the photo but true color representation is hard to get sometimes with a photo.

As for the engine guard I don't see any rub marks on it although there is only one picture of the item. There is always the risk of buying a part like this from a crashed bike. The part was doing it's job. Good luck trying to resolve this.

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
So I bought two parts off ebay and got burned on both! :banghead:

First was for a upper cowl that the seller said the paint was really good...yeah, right! It had been Painted probably by a can and looks like c**p! :cus::cus:

Dear suprasabre,

I will try to get some pictures today. The paint is like new noscratches etc.
- oktom-b

Good paint..yeah!

The second was for a left engine guard. "In good condition" Since when is a BENT engine guard in good condition?

Bent is Good Condition

I've emailed them both and I will be leaving negative feed back if they don't do something to my liking! :rocket1:
That engine guard is top $$ IMO also. It should be perfect for that price. Who would want a bent one?

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I've felt your pain before. Everybody has their own standards for item description when it comes to eBay. In my experience when anything is described as in good condition that is the time to watch out. I always like to see and I always provide lots of pictures and a description of any possible flaws in the items I sell. I've never disappointed anyone yet.

I see in the listing for the cowl that his description was very short. How was the color match? Looks kind of light by the photo but true color representation is hard to get sometimes with a photo.

As for the engine guard I don't see any rub marks on it although there is only one picture of the item. There is always the risk of buying a part like this from a crashed bike. The part was doing it's job. Good luck trying to resolve this.
The color doesn't even come close! And I had several exchanges with him and asked for description/condition and I got short answers each time...should have known...

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
So the guy that sold me the upper cowl made the excuse that there is a lot of clear coat on it. I told him he can either send me my money back or send me my money back plus extra for shipping if he wants it back!

As for the left engine guard, they said the will be sending me out another one. Excellent! I told them "Thank you and if they wanted the part back to put the shipping cost in my paypal account!"

We will see what happens on both!

Top Bottom