Helmet obligatory, Yes or No

Bike
07 ST1300A
A little off subject, but I find it amusing/odd in Florida that most motorcyclist don't wear a helmet, but bicyclist do in the Destin area....go figure.

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
You can ride sans helmet in Mexico. Follow that logic all the way to the Hospital holding you ransom until your family pays the bill.

But, more important that any of this is the glaring issue left on the ground as if we are all in denial that it exists.

Why consider all this helmet law silliness when you are all using the wrong oil for those crappy tires you had installed ?

Stay on point.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Pardon me for asking, but is it worse to use crappy oil or wrong tires? Whoops wrong thread. Whoops wrong question.

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I hate being surrounded by idiots!

Why is everybody looking at me?

Did I say that out loud?

No helmet required in Pennsylvania. But it seems many decide to take one along strapped to the side of their bike. I figured out why on a ride last year. We were traveling up I-99 above Altoona when a group of retiree aged women passed us on Harleys all with Florida plates, all with helmets, go grandma's! Another guy on a harley decided to join their group going up the highway, his helmet was on his tank between his legs (guess he was protecting his jewels). Well I guess he wanted to fit in with the group he joined so while doing 75 mph up the interstate he put his helmet on! :eek:

Top Bottom